Norcal/Socal Guzzi Lunch meet - June 12th

Some Bay Area and Norcal folks are planning to ride down to Parkfield on Sunday June 12th. It occurred to me that it would make a good place for a lunch with Central Coasters and maybe some from LA. About the same distance from there to San Fran as it is to Burbank.

Nice roads headed in every direction and an interesting spot dscn02854wk.th.jpgto meet. The ride in from San Miguel is great and I hear the road coming in off Hwy 46 is nice as well.

We expect to arrive there between 11:30 and have lunch around noon. If you plan on coming, post and let me know. If it turns out to be a large group, I'll call ahead and see about reserving tables.

This post also duplicated on socal guzzi site.

...sounds like fun, but I'm pretty sure my bike will be "on the truck" heading to my friend's house in North Carolina by June 12th :huh2:

My other problem is that with the house going on the market so soon, it's hard to justify an entire day trip when there's soooo much to do :unsure:

We'll see though.... oh wait, I'll be "on call" for those two weeks. Scratch that, can't go <_>

al

Guest Dave Pott

Geez, Al, the DMV is gonna take away your CM1 designation if you don't get out there and ride that thing :(

...that's what I say :( I've ridden it to work a few times, and around the neighborhood, but with it having been in the shop from December to May, the timing is awful.

I had put the bike in during December knowing we'd be moving this Summer, such that I hoped I would get it back in time to get some riding in before the move.

...but here we are, June already <_>

I go on call next Monday for two weeks, so can't leave town or go more than about 30 min away from VPN access to work. Then after that, we'll be in the last week of June, almost July. And the house has to be basically "done" by then to go on the market that month, painting, fixing... you name it has to be done. I have the bathroom ripped out right now, so I have to finish that this week. I painted the kitchen just the other week, and this weekend will be Denise's birthday, and landscaping.

Yeah, bad timing, and time is flying past. I can't believe it is June already. I really can't.

al

Guest RonAikins

The road "coming up from 46" is very straight through open cattle range for most of the way, though it gets a little curvy near P'field. However on your way in that way you could always stop at Cholame & see the James Dean Memorial. Getting up to 46 from 58 via Shell Creek Rd or 229/41 is the fun part.

From the north, better to take 25 south out of Hollister to 198, jog just a bit to Peach Tree Rd, which turns into Indian Valley Rd, from which you do about a 285-degree left onto Vineyard Canyon & into P'field. I may show up just to see what Guzzis look/sound like in action.

-Ron Aikins

'94 BMW K75

'99 BMW K1200LT