Inner Mud Guard

edge

You have probably already seen this in a thread for "Fabricated Mud Guard". I felt it was time to move it to the classifieds since I am making these "EDGE-GARDS" to meet demand :D

What it does: This fender liner is a simple solution to help correct what MG didn't design so well in the rear fender department. The stock "hugger" type fender does not prevent road spray and sand-dirt from being slung forward onto the transmission area and rear shock on late model V11 series bikes. This type of item is not new, and has been done several times by other forum members with great ideas and solutions. I borrowed a couple of these concepts and put my own twist on it for a new solution. What I am offering, for those that want one, is a molded plastic insert that will cover the area directly below the rear shock. I was able to take an existing design and modify it by design using thermal plastic (Kydex .8) and cut and mold it to fit the rear subframe. Kydex plastic is tough as woodpecker lips (it's the stuff they make holsters and knife sheaths out of). It easily does the job of controlling all that funk from getting onto your engine, transmission and shock area :grin:

How to install: When I designed this thing, I wanted to keep it simple and to allow it to fit into the "triangle" area just below the rear shock attaching point. The left and right sides are molded to fit the vertical members of the rear suspension making a perfect "insert" type fit. It extends below the lower cross member and is notched for the driveshaft passage. I provide four small plastic tie wraps to secure everything into place. When installed, it is barely visible due to forward location and covering of the stock hugger fender. What I suggest you do to install is; remove the rear hugger fender (4 screws) and inset the mud guard from underneath in front of the rear tire (It slides up easily). Once it's in place, secure the tie wraps and trim and rotate the ends. Replace the stock hugger and you’re done. 10-20 minute job with a beer :drink:

Bottom Line: I am working on my 3rd generation of this mud guard and I continue to tweak the template and forming process based on user feedback and my lessons learned in making these puppies. I only make a few a time so I don't get left with a stack of these things. They are all hand formed and individually fitted on my Lemans to make sure I did my part right. I even include a set of instructions, as if they were needed :homer:

I generally ship these things for $20.00US and have sent several international already. They are 100% satisfaction guaranteed. So far I have been able to meet the low demand and ship within a couple days. I am not making a killing on these things but I have to keep the wife off my back by not giving both my time and money away (read her time and money)! I accept Paypal, check, money order, beer, food, gas, etc.. :rasta:

You can drop me a email through the board if you want one or have questions. All I really need from you is your shipping address and the year and model and I'll have one on the way as soon as I can git'r done :luigi:

Guzzi_016__Large_.jpg

Guzzi_012__Large_.jpg