Parkfield ride details

Well this is one of those runs where you have no idea how many will show up. I am guessing 3-5 riding out of Hollister and 2-4 coming up from the South. But who knows.

Anyhow, I think an 8:45 departure from Hollister will work. Meet at the Starbucks (Mapquest link here) next to the Nob Hill Grocery store on Airline Hwy (25) just south of Nash Rd. I suggest you get gas first at Safeway next door or Chevron at the intersection of Nash and Airline. There is no gas for 100 miles once we leave.

People can ride at their own pace and we will regroup at the end of 25 (or whenever we feel like it) and leave there around 10:00. From there, 40 miles on Peachtree/Indian Valley into San Miguel for gas and then the last 23 miles to Parkfield.

Not sure what people want to do after lunch. I know most people will have come a long way and may just want to blast home on the freeway. We'll work that out over lunch.

mark- good info. I plan on leaving Stockton at like 6-6:30 and heading to hollister. See you there! Dave, are you heading over the day before?

cheers :bier:

Guest Dave Pott

WELL SHEEEEEEE-IT :bbblll:

I have a big customer relations issue in Hong Kong right know and have to do an emergency trip there ASAP. I'll be leaving L.A. Int'l this Thursday at 1:55am and won't return till Sunday night at 9:45pm :(

I'd say that pretty much screws my plans with y'all this weekend :angry:

Although, you may still see Jamileh(wife) as she may jump on the Jackal and show up in Parkfield!! At least that's what she said after she finished yelling at me for ruining the weekend :huh2:

WELL SHEEEEEEE-IT :bbblll:

I'd say that pretty much screws my plans with y'all this weekend :angry:

53683[/snapback]

That Sucks Dave. As a Field Service Manager in a former life, I can feel your pain. Sometimes you gotta go no matter what.

Not to worry. The riding season is just getting started. Since you'll miss this one, I nominate you to organize the next ride up in the hills somewhere as soon as you get back.

Guest Dave Pott
I nominate you to organize the next ride up in the hills somewhere as soon as you get back.

Howzabout a trip up Hwy 1 to the North coast and there abouts?? Still got the wee bungalow up near Mendocino :bier:

Mark ... count me in for the ride on Sunday... would it be blasphemy to bring the Tuono ??? ;-) I promise not to dump it in a gravel parking lot. !

Cheers, Tim

would it be blasphemy to bring the Tuono ??? 

53766[/snapback]

Won't bother me. I don't know about the rest of the crew, though.

Looks to be mild weather. Weather.com says a high of 75 on Sunday. Thats unheard of for this time of year.

Mark,

What time will you be in Parkfield? I'd like to come up and meet your group. Maybe we could get a few other Guzzi folks from SLO to meet you guys. Where do you plan to have lunch? The Loading Cute in Creston is not far, has outstanding food and is on a great road (229).

Lex

Mark,

What time will you be in Parkfield? I'd like to come up and meet your group. Maybe we could get a few other Guzzi folks from SLO to meet you guys. Where do you plan to have lunch? The Loading Cute in Creston is not far, has outstanding food and is on a great road (229).

Lex

53790[/snapback]

We've already invited people on the socal guzzi board and posted on the wildguzzi site. I thought there was a central cal guzzi board but couldn't find it.

We had planned on lunch at the Parkfield Cafe at noon. I suspect we'll get there around 11:30 and have a few minutes to look around and bs.

Hope to see you there.

I'll be heading south from San Jose, 45 miles to Hollister.

Any one care to meet early in Hollister or here in San Jo for Breakfast?

Or Does Star Bucks now serve bacon and eggs?

-Hal

did someone say "meet for breakfast" - yes on that. I'll be leaving at like 6 and will be hungry by the time I get to holister. Let's meet somewhere there.... suggestions mark ol buddy?

did someone say "meet for breakfast" - yes on that.  I'll be leaving at like 6 and will be hungry by the time I get to holister.  Let's meet somewhere there....  suggestions mark ol buddy?

53815[/snapback]

There are two places I would reccomend.

The first is the cozy cup cafe. You'll be coming into Hollister on San Felipe Rd (off 156), which will turn into San Benito St when you get into town. At 4th st. ( the main intersection) turn right and it will be halfway up the block on your right just before the car dealership. Hal and I ate there once so he probably remembers how to get there.

The second place is the Country Rose. I haven't actually dined there, but everyone keeps telling me how good it is. Follow the same directions but keep on going past the cozy cup for 2-3 blocks and it will be on the right. It's kind of in a residential area.

What time do you expect to get to Hollister? I wasn't planning on having breakfast but may change my mind.

I'll probably leave Danville just before 7, which would put me into Hollister around 8:00... give us time for coffee, gas etc before leaving at 8:45. Let me know where you'll be having breakfast.

Cheers, Tim