News: MGS 01 will be out with new 4V-Engine

Guest Cantaloop

Guest bshpilot
How much 4 valve heads do you think were ever produced? from 1992 to 98 they have been in production. I don't have exact numbers but not more than 3000 I think. Ok that's 3000 left and 3000 right ones. From these 6000 I have 7 :-)

Mass production?  :D

53724[/snapback]

yes but surely they had more than one pair of MOLD's....

For the Daytona RS this is : 308 :rolleyes:

Please had 8 heads for me :grin:

Only missing thing is the 100 or 101 mm cylinders for our big bores.

The centauro number seems not so high. I know so many centauro owners regarding the daytona owners i know.

Don't forget the Centauro Sport & Centauro GT.

• 2 weeks later...
Alex that was: No Guzzi sportsbikes. But it is Italy, so you never know for sure.

for the rest:

Griso, then see a "GS" version of the breva 1100. After that a complete new cali.

RGR that Paul, that idea(No sportsbikes) sounds more stupid as thinking :it would be better if Ducati had bought the Guzzi. Gimme a break if it is llike this then what worse would be if Guzzi was bought by the Duck??

If you were at the race and got any videos of MGS racing, if there's any way to let me have them , just let me know.

Cheers Paul :bier:

PS I've been a bit away and going nuts till some situations settle right for me.

Think to go buy a Guzzila and therefore I am going more nuts :wacko: .....;

Better to keep me thinking of something else, it's a "virus" , it will pass if I give it some time.. :rasta:

Guest goffredo
Alex that was: No Guzzi sportsbikes. But it is Italy, so you never know for sure.

for the rest:

Griso, then see a "GS" version of the breva 1100. After that a complete new cali.

54301[/snapback]

Paul, remember that you were talking with Giuseppe. The kind of person who sincerely claimed to be "extremely disappointed" with the third place in Assen!!!

I know that, yes indeed, there were managers both in Aprilia and in Piaggio who thought it would have been better to separate the brands (i.e. roughly: sport=Aprilia; touring=Guzzi) but I have the strong feeling that their views are not so widely shared and accepted anymore.

Of course, that does NOT mean that we'll have the Mgs-02 ready by tomorrow with the new hydrogen v8 engine. After all it is the one factory in Mandello we are talking about with its... ehr... TWO assembly lines. There are talks in progress to move the small blocks assembly lines somewhwere else to make room for more big blocks line. Imagine a small factory like Guzzi (more Ferrari produced every year than Guzzi...) with Griso, Breva, MGS and Cali in the assembly lines... Some serious shuffling is needed before we add a REAL, brand new sport bike to the lot, I presume.

But I am confident the future will make Giuseppe more optimistic and stop moaning. Just for a while, of course, then he'll complain Guzzi is not allowing the MGS-05 in MotoGp and so on!! :):lol::mg:

G.

well in the past there have been more big block models on one line if I'm correct?

If we have 200 production days in a year. And now they build 20-30 brevas on a day as Rocco Sabelli tells. That gives 6000 bikes maximum. In the case they build that 2030 on one line.

So 6000 on each line gives 12000, thats more than they want to build(can sell) right now.

But isn't there enough place to have a third line if in the past so much more bikes were made?

I know I was talking too, and know he can't tell all he knows.

But regarding 3th place, that has been a 4th place in the first race, if the one in front of him didn't have problems.

Number one was a lot quicker, 998RS half a real superbike, makes it hard to win from. Maybe he came to assen with the idea that if they could win in the supertwins race they could do the same in Assen.

I don't know if they go to Festival ITALIA Motopark Oschersleben 16.-17. Juli.

From promotional view that would be good.

Guest goffredo
well in the past there have been more big block models on one line if I'm correct?

If we have 200 production days in a year. And now they build 20-30 brevas on a day as Rocco Sabelli tells. That gives 6000 bikes maximum. In the case they build that 2030 on one line.

So 6000 on each line gives 12000, thats more than they want to build(can sell) right now.

But isn't there enough place to have a third line if in the past so much more bikes were made? 

Well, there was a time where annual production figure could easily reach 15000 per model, the factory occupied 25000 square meters, 1500 employes worked there; bikes where shipped by freight trains at the dedicated Mandello Railway station dock, a wind tunnel was operating and a Research & Development team produced engines such as the V8 next door and tested them on the track on the roofs and external facilities were built up in Turkey and Spain...

I think anyone who visited Mandello during the eighties know what has left of that golden age...

G.