News: MGS 01 will be out with new 4V-Engine

Guest Cantaloop

Guest Cantaloop

I am moderator in www.world-of-guzzi.de, a very nice german guzzi-forum. Angelo is our spy with best connections to the guzzi-factory in Mandello.

He wrote us, that the MGS 01 will be build with a new 4V-engine. No further details so far, but if it got further informations, i will tell you...

Just to add another "wishful thought": wouldn't it be "a hoot" if there were a new street 4V engine that produced similar power as the bumped displacement 4V in the Corsa version?

I guess we'll see whether this rumor is true, and to what degree, in time.... in time... :P

al

Agreed... get an honest 90rwhp stock, reliable, and in the MGS bodywork.... at a reasonable price.... and MG would have a hit on it's hands.

They probably couldn't keep production up with sales.

Go to any "generic" motorcycling forum, and the MGS is always on the list of "dream bikes" people post. Everyone just loves the thing.

Although, I'll say it again... it's not really my cup-of-tea, but it is damned good looking. I'll give it that.

al

Guest bshpilot

why would they change the motor...its not like theyve leveraged the hell outta the tooling they put into the existing MGS01...doesnt seem to make great business sense...but then were talking about guzzi here too....

maybe at the time it's in the shop, all the hair on my head is gone.

53693[/snapback]

And petrol reserves will be finished anyway.

why would they change the motor...its not like theyve leveraged the hell outta the tooling they put into the existing MGS01...doesnt seem to make great business sense...but then were talking about guzzi here too....

53694[/snapback]

Well, there was this rumor that they had broken the mold for one of the cylinder heads and so they couldn't make any more. And another rumor about just building enough MGS01's to use up all of the 4V parts still kicking around the factory. There may not actually be any "production" type tooling either if the MGS01's are all hand-built.

Doesn't mean I don't want one though. Either engine. Maybe even with a VA10 engine. Dreams. Only dreams...

Well, there was this rumor that they had broken the mold for one of the cylinder heads and so they couldn't make any more.

I heard that story again in Assen from Ghezzi. He wanted to make 40 more, but then they first have to invest in a new mold.

Guest bshpilot

ok i know nothing 'bout mechanical production but.... make that

a BIG :moon:

i find it hard to believe they only had ONE mold...talk about a

disaster WAITING to happen...and no spares...what the hell

do the owners do for parts if they need 'em !?!

i guess my head is up my ass thinking production is MASS...i thought

companies built a REASONABLE stock...and i thought mfg's had to

be able to supply spares for at least 10yrs !?!

no wonder im awaiting engine cases for a year !

How much 4 valve heads do you think were ever produced? from 1992 to 98 they have been in production. I don't have exact numbers but not more than 3000 I think. Ok that's 3000 left and 3000 right ones. From these 6000 I have 7 :-)

Mass production? :D

691 daytona 1000

136 daytona 1000 biposto

100 daytona racing

1918 centauro (number from cog website seems high)

200? daytona rs