Quick disconnect gas fittings.

callison

Cal, I've got some like those on the Futura and they're good pieces. Problem is the fitment into the tank fuel pump plate which looks as if it is made for oem fittings only. Maybe that can be threaded or modified for different qds. I may look into that later, one of mine popped loose on startup shortly after I got it running again and sprayed fuel all over. Scarey. I reseated the red fitting and no problem since but it caused me to consider a different setup.

Cal, I've got some like those on the Futura and they're good pieces.  Problem is the fitment into the tank fuel pump plate which looks as if it is made for oem fittings only.  Maybe that can be threaded or modified for different qds.  I may look into that later, one of mine popped loose on startup shortly after I got it running again and sprayed fuel all over.  Scarey.  I reseated the red fitting and no problem since but it caused me to consider a different setup.

53836[/snapback]

Where there's a will there's a way I suppose. Good luck.

Yeah, this might work well for those with the 00-02 "external pump" tanks, just for ease-of-use, but I don't know how they'd fit(without major mods) the newer "in tank" models :(

These certainly look better than the plastic units fitted to late-model Triumphs though... the ones that got recalled due to cracking/failure.

al

a hose clamp is like 9.6 cents.

53871[/snapback]

True, but you've got to have something to clamp the hose to before the hose clamp is of any utility. I am in no way affiliated or recommending these fittings or anything of that nature. I'm merely responding with a possible source of repair parts that may or may not fit the Guzzi tanks with the internal pumps. There are 4 pieces in the set judging from the picture. Two for the tank and two for the hose.

I don't have a problem with hose clamps either. Quick disconnects would be nice, but aren't a necessity. For the boutique bling bling set, they're just the thing.

I hear ya'.

I thought it was cool idea and I was thinking 'yeah- that'd be great- I'll order a pair, it'll be $20 but it'll make life easier on me'. So's I click on the link and my eyeballs fall out of their sockets.