Atlanta Motorimessa Grand Opening

Bill Hagan

This may belong more in the "events" list, but I'll post it here first.

I just posted this on wildguzzi, and wanted Guszzisti here who may not follow that list to know about it, too. My garage is finally ready for occupancy and, of course, that means a party! :D

For those who may be interested and able to attend, the tentative date for the “garage-warming” party for the Motorimessa will be Saturday, 17 September.

Yes, that is some time away, but June is full; I am in Virginia (on one of the Guzzis) from just after Independence Day ‘til c. 8 August; in-laws here for week after that; should be a bit cooler by then; gives lots of planning time; and … anyway, think that date has no conflicts with any nearby rallies.

Most important message is that anyone reading this is welcome.

The party will be for all Guzzisti and my neighbors and neighborhood, so will likely be a large gathering. A longtime friend and priest will bless the Motorimessa, too.

The Mandello motif will be self-evident, but count on only Italian beer, wine, and, of course, grappa being served, along with other Italian calories in more solid forms.

Our spare bedroom is committed, but if you have any interest in attending and are coming from out of town, please let me know, as we may be able to find something cheap to reasonable. For those who, after celebrating, wish to stumble to something nearby while leaving their Guzzis safe in the Motorimessa, there are several B&B’s in the neighborhood, including one right across the street. http://www.sugarmagnoliabb.com/ Others within walking (and crawling!) distance at http://www.inmanpark.org/bnb.html

Here, btw, is how the structure looks as of a few days ago.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=9wgryy...77&x=0&y=wn5vu5

What you can’t see are the results of my shopping trip with Wayne Orwig and George Dunn, a Porsche restorer and friend. Of course, as Wayne dryly pointed out in his inimitable style, “So, you sure are buying lots of toys just to polish valve covers.” My thinking was that I am equipping his downtown shop. Hog Mountain is just too far for me drive for him to work on my Guzzis! :P

Actually used several of the tools in earnest this past weekend, tho, as I matched parts BB to X, etc., while putting together some cabinets. Also (re)learned the wisdom of reading directions first! :homer:

Looking forward to seeing many of you in September. "All brands welcome," of course, but only Italian motorcycles will get special parking. Sometime in late August, I'll post again as a reminder and request for "likelies."

Bill

Guest bshpilot

Yes, that is some time away, but June is full; I am in Virginia (on one of the Guzzis) from just after Independence Day ‘til c. 8 August;

ill keep the truck tank full & the tie downs in the back ;)

bill the garage looks GREAT ! im proud to say ive been there !