Well, the bike is gone as of this afternoon....

al_roethlisberger

Well, the guys from Eagle One Express pick up the bike this afternoon... hauling to a friend's house in North Carolina :(

We won't actually be there for another couple months, so it looks like I will essentially have "seen" my bike for at most, 4 months out of this YEAR <_ when you stop to think about that it quite shocking.>

Well anyway, the guys at Eagle One seem very nice, and professional. The driver has called me about 3 times this last week letting me know his schedule/status, and I really appreciate that.

The total cost to transport the bike is $590 from San Jose, CA to the Raleigh, NC area, and I that was significantly less than any other MC shipper I checked into.... and this is door-to-door to boot! :grin:

So, I'll let everyone know how they work out.... keeping my fingers crossed that it will be "positive" :rasta:

al

Well, the guys from Eagle One Express  pick up the bike this afternoon... hauling to a friend's house in North Carolina  :(

We won't actually be there for another couple months, so it looks like I will essentially have "seen" my bike for at most, 4 months out of this YEAR  <_ when you stop to think about that it quite shocking.>

Well anyway, the guys at Eagle One seem very nice, and professional.  The driver has called me about 3 times this last week letting me know his schedule/status, and I really appreciate that.

The total cost to transport the bike is $590 from San Jose, CA to the Raleigh, NC area, and I that was significantly less than any other MC shipper I checked into.... and this is door-to-door to boot!  :grin:

So, I'll let everyone know how they work out.... keeping my fingers crossed that it will be "positive"  :rasta:

al

54053[/snapback]

I should've thought to offer Al, but I could have taken your bike as far as Oklahoma basically for free. I could've even put some miles on it for you... :grin:

....well, they picked up the bike this afternoon, and so far they seem like a courteous and professional outfit. We'll see how they work out in the end when the bike is delivered, but their equipment was high quality, and attention to detail was very evident.

One point of interest, I asked if they end up hauling many MGs, and he joked... well, I have two more on the truck now :P

He parked mine by a Silver 00/01 Sport, and Black Ghezzi Supertwin that he had just picked up in the Capitola area, and both bikes had been sold to someone in South Carolina... I believe.

Anyway, interesting luck.

al

Al, Sorry to hear that youre w/o a bike now. BTW, did "that shop" ever figure out what was wrong w/ your LM?

My Sport is STILL :( there. MGNA sent out a new trannie to them about 10 days ago, so I guess that it should be there any time now...but as of our last conversation, they were still trying to figure out who bore the responsibility (cost) for what. Anyway, I've made my position as clear as daylight to them, so I will just wait to see what their response will be.

If you get really lonely and want to visit my bike (since its only 2 - 3 blocks from your house), please feel free to do so, and to gaze upon it affectionately :wub: for me.

Joe :rasta:

PS Good that you didnt let that Callison fella ride your bike as far as anywhere...he a freakin lunatic. Already the State of Oklahoma is trying to prohibit him from establishing domicile. See www.keepcallisonoutofoklahoma.gov for details.

PS Good that you didnt let that Callison fella ride your bike as far as anywhere...he a freakin lunatic. Already the State of Oklahoma is trying to prohibit him from establishing domicile. See www.keepcallisonoutofoklahoma.gov for details.

Hogwash :grin: Besides, I would have put his bike on my trailer - where I could've got to it if the truck crapped out. :mg:

Heh, thanks for the offer Carl.... :thumbsup: ..... but yeah, it's on its way already.

As far as getting my bike going, yeah they "fixed" it as far as I know. I didn't get much of a chance to ride it more than a handful of times after getting it back, before I had to ship it off though. So who knows if it is truly "fixed" or not :huh2:

It did die on my twice, both times idling at a stop light... just "off" like a light switch, but it started right back up, so who knows. Other than that though, it runs like a top. I choose not to worry about the 2 "cut outs" right now though. It will be another couple months before I can look at the bike again, and then I'll just give it a whole once-over anyway.

Good luck with "that shop" and sorting out the billing etc. I've still got an outstanding issue with them for about $150 of electronics(tail light modulator and signal canceller) that stopped working while in their care. I don't know what the outcome of that will be either, but I haven't followed up on it.

al

electronics(tail light modulator and signal canceller) that stopped working while in their care.  I don't know what the outcome of that will be either, but I haven't followed up on it.

al

If you're talking about the Kisan stuff, they seem to have a life of exactly two years. I've had three Kisan SM-2's crap out on three different bikes at about the two year point. One bike hadn't even been ridden 150 miles in that time. I'm beginning to think the Kisan's are not so great. Since I use them primarily for the running lights option, I'm going to design my own for the next round.

• 4 weeks later...

Have you moved to Raleigh yet? Think you will make it to the Guzzis of the Blue Ridge Rally? August 5-7 near Cruso NC. A lot of energetic sport riders, even some young riders show up for this event?

NORTH CAROLINA GUZZIS IN THE BLUE RIDGE RALLY

Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground, Cruso, North Carolina. Ten minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway, north on Highway 276, between Asheville and Waynesville. Full facility campground. Call campground to reserve space: 828235-8350. See rally ad in this issue for more information.

Reservation not really necessary unless you want a cabin. I'll bet the cabins are sold out.

.... "did it take 3 and a half weeks??"

Well, I wasn't counting, but yes, I guess it did :huh2: You're right, I was in no hurry, especially since my friend at the NC end was on holiday the last weeks of June, through July 4th. So I don't guess the Eagle One guys hurried, as I asked them to make sure to deliver it after July 5th.

But no, I am not in NC yet. We are just finishing up various projects here on the house, and having our last garage sale today. We have cleaners coming in Monday, and plan to put the house on the market this week.

If all goes well, we'll move sometime in August.

Time will tell, and we'll be at the mercy of the housing market.

al

Have you moved to Raleigh yet? Think you will make it to the Guzzis of the Blue Ridge Rally? August 5-7 near Cruso NC. A lot of energetic sport riders, even some young riders show up for this event?

NORTH CAROLINA GUZZIS IN THE BLUE RIDGE RALLY

Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground, Cruso, North Carolina. Ten minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway, north on Highway 276, between Asheville and Waynesville. Full facility campground. Call campground to reserve space: 828235-8350. See rally ad in this issue for more information.

Reservation not really necessary unless you want a cabin. I'll bet the cabins are sold out.

55848[/snapback]

It would be nifty to meet Al (and others) there, as I am not sure I believe there really is a California, anyway. :D

I'll be passing thru there and will stop (probably on Sat) on my way back from my month-long stay in Virginia. Will be on EV, as Ballabio is having a new rear shock installed and needs tires anyway. May have two friends (one on an ST1300 & the other on a Shadow 600!) along, too; they need a Guzzi indoctrination besides what they'll get from me on the ride up and back!

Not a rally guy, but have enjoyed this one when I dropped in in for a few minutes. Tho not among the "lot of energetic sport riders, [or] even some young riders," have done that now several times now and usually arrive after most are on the road in little ride groups. Guzzis ruling the Blue Ridge makes for some great sights and sounds. :race:

Bill

al

i have just read this thread.

are you moving to n.c. ?

i ask because i live in conn. and in coral gables fla. and i drive 4 or 5 times per year between those 2 , i hate the new flying buses.

anyhow, i do ride or drive by raleigh every now and then and would be good to meet you

fernando