Reliability Issues?

Guest Fly4hire

Guest Nogbad

Carry a spare crank sensor. It's the only one that stops the engine if it fails. (Recommended by some magazine article I read somewhere)

Checklist for my trips:

- Three spare chrome muffler bearings

- Two litres of blinker fluid

- Full set of left-handed hex-wrenches

- One board stretcher

- A fifth of Old Crow

- Bail money

... and a good alibi.

:vomit:

Guest aironepony
I don't take anything with me.

54143[/snapback]

Recommend a ground sheet and a pack of condoms................ :thumbsup:

Jeff and the boys at Detroit Eurocycle are top folks! Say hi to them from me. I bought my Convert from Jeff, they know and actually LIKE Guzzis and that is half the battle with owning one if you aren't mechanically minded yourself.

Dunno about V 11's but when I toured the US on my 'Vert I took loads of tools and didn't need any of 'em. the only thing that went wrong in 7,000 miles of hearty thrashing was that a breather hose fell off, (big deal, I put it back on.) and I fell off, twice, because I'm an idiot :wub: I do always carry a rubber chicken though, IMHO an essential aid for any Guzzi traveller. :race:

Pete

Guest Fly4hire

I vsee you are in A2. I'm over in Chelsea. Ever do Bike Night in A2? I might be riding Wend with a friend and going there for dinner afterwards.....

Guest Nogbad
How much do those crank sensors cost Nogbad?

Ciao, Steve G.

54362[/snapback]

£61.78 in the uk so thats about $115 (US). I haven't got a spare one though! The UK is a fairly small place and the chances of a failure a long way from home are small as most of my riding is within a 50 mile radius. I shall just rely on my breakdown recovery insurance!

I vsee you are in A2. I'm over in Chelsea. Ever do Bike Night in A2? I might be riding Wend with a friend and going there for dinner afterwards.....

54358[/snapback]

Ironically, no I've never done bike night. I heard about it a while ago for the first time (from one of the guys at Detroit Euro, of all places), but I'm still not even sure what it is :homer: Plus I'm usually trying to get OUT of A2 when on the bike, looking for twisties :race: Maybe I should check it out....Especially now that there's another Goose in the neighborhood! I've got a pretty good story about a Chelsea police officer, too....