Defensive ... moi?

Guest Fox

I hope you guys don't get too defensive about the new Guzzi models. I've been looking for a good second hand Cafe Sport but will now put an order on the Griso (out in December in Australia). The V11 will always be a classic but the the Griso looks like a fine replacement and the Breva 1100 is the touring version (replacement for the Cali).

So unless Guzzi decides to pursue the Cruiser market, I imagine the new lineup will be Griso, Breva and MGS, which personally I think is just fine. Covering the sport, sports touring and touring markets well.

V11s and other older Guzzi's will always live long and prosper ... and I can see many new Guzzi owners who have bought the new models going back to buy the older classic models as well, but the new Guzzis are long overdue and look like fine replacements. I can see many people will be blown away with the new models and that can only be good for Guzzi and Guzzi lovers.

Anyhow, just my 2 cents worth ..

I hope you guys don't get too defensive about the new Guzzi models. I've been looking for a good second hand Cafe Sport but will now put an order on the Griso (out in December in Australia). The V11 will always be a classic but the the Griso looks like a fine replacement and the Breva 1100 is the touring version (replacement for the Cali).

So unless Guzzi decides to pursue the Cruiser market, I imagine the new lineup will be Griso, Breva and MGS, which personally I think is just fine. Covering the sport, sports touring and touring markets well.

V11s and other older Guzzi's will always live long and prosper ... and I can see many new Guzzi owners who have bought the new models going back to buy the older classic models as well, but the new Guzzis are long overdue and look like fine replacements. I can see many people will be blown away with the new models and that can only be good for Guzzi and Guzzi lovers.

Anyhow, just my 2 cents worth ..

54394[/snapback]

I thought Guzzi was still going to make the Cali?

I think the Griso will do well for Moto Guzzi. If they are going to retire the California series, this new bike will do it.

I'm not so sure about the Breva. The jury is still out about the styling, and you can see Guzzi is taking note of the negative feedback, already changing the shape of the fuel tank. A better bike? Almost for sure, but people buy bikes because they like to look at them. They are very visual machines.

The MGS? Well, if they get this machine down to a reasonable price, they will sell, perhaps well, but I think we all may be surprised, read disapointed, at what it looks like in EU and US DOT street trim. How they will get a single pipe up the centre of the tail, and a full lighting kit as well is going to be a wonder to me. The front headlight will not be a problem.

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest goffredo
Nope, they're done.

54418[/snapback]

Well, actually the California as we know it is done with the old engine and Tonti frame; BUT the new California is already here. A completely revamped cruiser based of course on the new tubular frame, twin spark engine and new swingarm.

Marketing strategies will decide when and how they'll present it: it is likely that they'll check it does not interfere with sales of the Breva V1100 and upcoming Breva V1100 GT and also with the existing lot of Cali still in the shops around the world. Not to mention the very limited capacity of the Mandello production lines...

But the new Cali do exist, the moke-up is finished and it has been already delivered by Marabese Design (the guys who designed the Brevas, V11, Centauro...) to Moto Guzzi.

And, having had the privilege to see the drawings, just let me say that it is as beautiful as a Moto Guzzi California should be.

:mg:

G.

Well, actually the California as we know it is done with the old engine and Tonti frame; BUT the new California is already here. A completely revamped cruiser based of course on the new tubular frame, twin spark engine and new swingarm.

Marketing strategies will decide when and how they'll present it: it is likely that they'll check it does not interfere with sales of the Breva V1100 and upcoming Breva V1100 GT and also with the existing lot of Cali still in the shops around the world. Not to mention the very limited capacity of the Mandello production lines...

But the new Cali do exist, the moke-up is finished and it has been already delivered by Marabese Design (the guys who designed the Brevas, V11, Centauro...) to Moto Guzzi.

And, having had the privilege to see the drawings, just let me say that it is as beautiful as a Moto Guzzi California should be.

:mg:

G.

54569[/snapback]

Wow that's exciting news. What is the Breva GT?

Guest goffredo
Wow that's exciting news. What is the Breva GT?

54571[/snapback]

A Breva V1100 with fairing, basically. Definetely not my kind of Guzzi but one kind of bike is good to see in the range.

G.

Guest goffredo
The GT we've already saw on this forum. It will be the new Polizia.

54633[/snapback]

That'd surpise me.

I think nobody has seen the new GT yet.

Sometimes people still circulate the picture of that old moke-up presented at Munchen 1998 based on the V11 frame (argh!!!!) with a fake fairing and luggage, claiming it is a new prototype ( I am talking about this prototype: http://images.motocollection.com/imgal/gal_356.jpg. Thank God the new Breva GT will be quite different!

Regarding the Breva for the Polizia that is 750cc version.

There are plans for a Breva V1100 GT for special forces but no pictures or drawings have been circulated yet.

G.

I would be surprised to see Guzzi 'give up' the Cali. A new model is needed, but the strength of their cruiser line is too powerful to just abandon. Wasn't Ducati looking to bid on the Guzzi line merely to get an entry to the cruiser market? I thought that was Piaggio's plan as well.

That's great news. The California model has been in production for literally decades (starting with a loopframe). It's a proud historical name for Guzzi, and I hope they continue to use it. :mg: