anyone seen the MG OEM adjustable pegs?

jrt

I was looking at the motoguzzi-us site, and noticed that they offer 'adjustable argal' footpegs. They certainly look nicer than the stock, but are they really adjustable? Anyone out there have a set or have seen a set?

Cheers,

Jason

• 5 months later...
Guest Thundering Subash

:luigi:

I'll second this question (I know it's been a while with no response, but I'm quite interested in the argal adjustable components). I tried the Evoluzione footpeg relocation kit, and while I find it better than stock, the shift and break levers are a bit high and too far from the pegs for my liking. The argal components look nice, but I have no idea how they work and don't recall seeing any feedback regarding them on this site or elsewhere.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. :mg:

By the way and totally off topic, my Lemans is in the shop again for a timing cover leak. The only saving grace is that I usually get to borrow one of the shop bikes while mine is in for warranty work. The last one was a Ducati Mutistrada (which is a fun and cool bike, but alas, I prefer the Goose). I'm currently on a 1200S Bandit (which I have to admit is pretty cushy, comfortable, smooth, and fast). :helmet:

Happy riding :bike:

Sorry to hear about your bike Subash.

I fitted most of a set of the argal components to my V11 sport. I'll take some pictures this weekend for you to check out. The only thing I haven't put on is the shift lever- I need to fabricate a linkage, and I've been too busy.

My take on the 'adjustable' MG set- they're not very adjustable. You get maybe 1/4" out of them realistically. On the brake side, my foot invariably hits against the frame bolt (the one at the bottom of the 'kidney') when I try to use the rear brake. The brake throw is a little lower too. So, unless you want them for 'cool factor', they won't do much functionally for you.

FWIW, I had the evoluzione relocator as well. Totally worth the money as an experiment, but I didn't like the location of the shift lever with that setup- too far from my toe.

cheers,

Jason

Guest Thundering Subash

:bier:

Thanks Jason, a picture or two would be nice to see if you get the chance. Also, do you know the list price and how readily available they are?

:bike:

Happy trails,

-Chris

Guest vagene

I have them installed, so does my riding buddy. They are $500+ - not cheap, I think the amount of adjustment you get is more than the 1/4" that Jason mentioned - but to be honest I did not measure, one ride on the stock and I had to do so something. I will tell you that the cam which allows the peg to rotate appears to be about 1" from Top Dead Center to the lowest point. My dealer installed them( be sure and lubricate the cam on the shift side - the dealer did not and after about 250 miles it would not shift) after I had put 100 miles on the bike doing a demo ride, so essentially they were installed when I took possesion. The position of the Cam in relation to the bracket also makes a difference, I was still having problems with my right leg - then we noticed that my set had a different postion relative to the bracket than my buddies - today it's better but I would still like it lower - on the other hand I have a small foot - size 7 and I ride with my toes down and I have scraped my toes on Rt555 in Ohio (headed to the superbike race at Mid-Ohio), so any lower might be a problem. I do not notice the problem Jason speaks of on the brake side but I agree that it appears to be a farther reach to the pedal, I tend to use the heck out of my front brakes and only use my rear brake when I need major stopping or when the situation calls for rear brake only(gravel for example) Hope this helps

Gene, you're right- you do get more than a 1/4 inch- but not a lot. I lost my camera for a couple of days- that's why I haven't taken any pictures yet. I just found it, so I'll try to get some for tomorrow or the next day. Sorry for the delay.

Cheers,

Jason

And here's where I ran out of poop. The shift lever goes onto the peg, but I need to bend a rod so I can connect the shift lever to the shift-thingy on the transmission (it's hidden behind the starter). I figure that the thing on the transmission needs to be turned upside down- from a cursory examination, it looks like it should be pretty straight forward.

Gene, if you have your's installed- how did the dealer hook up the shifter?

cheers,

Jason

proto.jpg

Guest Thundering Subash

:bike:

Thanks for the pictures Jayson. I don't think it's the right option for me, given the limited adjustability. At the end of the day, I guess I can live with the ergo discomfort until I can find an affordable way to modify the bars and pegs to suit my needs. My brother, who is a machinist, offered to assist in some mods. to raise the semi-bars and lower the shifter and rear brake pegs (which I'll look to do this coming winter). Where he works, they refer to special projects like this done on the clock as "government jobs". Pretty funny. B)

:luigi:

-Chris

Hmmm, government jobs...say, I work for the... :doh: gotta go...

no really-

I think of them more as eye candy than adjustable.

Someone on this forum had a set of Centauro pegs fitted to their LeMans- I remember they are in Seattle or the area, but I don't remember then name (Ian, maybe?) Anyway, they have a website up with some good pictures of that setup.

I mounted handlebars to the triple clamp on my Sport for an easier riding position. Check the 'how to' section here for that description.

Cheers,

Jason