NascarDavidson

soloNH

OK, I'm losing it. :(

Nascar, sorry, I mean Speed channel has done it again.

They have taken the last non-Hardley show and cut it to 1/2 hour. This fricken SUCKS! :bbblll: Two Wheel Tuesday is cut in half. Half the time to find out what's going on in the moto-racing, non Hardley world. Half the time to see what's going on in the rest of the world of cycles. Gotta make room for Texas Hardtails don't you know.

You guys in Europe just don't know what your missing. :vomit:

And get this! Tonights guest is from BADD. (Bikers against drunk drivers, which I'm sure is a good organization) He wants to anounce they are giving away a motorcycle to raise money.

What kind of bike you might ask....? :o

Wait for it........

Another...... CHOPPER Ta! daa! :homer: And not just any chopper, this one has a working electric guitar with it's own built in amp. as a sissy bar! A set of microphones as handlebars and a LCD flip down TV under the gas tank. Who could ask for more. :huh2:

Even OCC (Overpriced Crate Choppers) could never top this!!!! Maybe it would be REAL cool to ride it around while playing American Chopper DVD's on the LCD.

Hmmmm, maybe that's going too far.

I'm so pissed off I'm going to need some alone time with Scura-girl. She will make me feel better. :wub:

Hey I'm in agreement :thumbsup: This crap on the Speed Channel is terrible. I really liked the old 2 wheel tuesday. All it is tonight is more garbage reality shows with motorcycles in the background. I guess we'll just have to subscribe to several different bike mags to make sure we get good info. Not to mention this fine website

And to think I used to send so many terse letters to my local cable company to take on good old Speedvision. It was great then. Now we get Nascar F@%ing Nation, where we get to see the "Good Ol' Boys" play, get this, POKER!!!!!!!!!!! For an HOUR!!!

GOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!

You fellows in Europe surely must get a sense of the frustration we motorcyclists in the North American continent must be feeling. The chopper thing, the Nascar thing, it's overwhelming everything. You know the next time someone asks if I ride a Harley when they find out I ride, I'm going to go serious road rage!

OK, I'm ok now. I feel better, honest I'm ok. I'm turning the tv off, and going to clean the spark plugs on my Guzzi.

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest Steve_W

Speedvision was GREAT! Motorheads Central, basically. Unfortunately, Time-Warner decided to move Speedvision to their "digital tier" a few years ago. I was seriously tempted, even though it would have cost me an extra 17 USD per month for one channel.

Then Fox bought Speedvision.

Everything Fox touches turns to bottom-feeder crap. NASCAR and endless Harley/chopper stuff is definitely bottom-feeder crap. I'm glad I didn't go for the "digital tier." In fact, I rarely watch TV anymore, since everything is bottom-feeder crap. Fox, in their ongoing campaign to own everything in the world, has managed to drag whatever resistance remained to garbage programming straight into the cesspool. H.L. Mencken famously pointed out that nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public, and Fox is proof of that.

:angry: and :bbblll: and :moon:

So there!

Guest Bruce

My guess, real motorcyclists are doers not spectators. TV is the last resort for me when I'm too tired to do anything else and based on riders I know and comments read on the forum this is pretty typical.

Most of the guys and gals I know are on tour, riding enduros, doing track days,working on their bikes, looking for parts, organizing rides, participating in forums etc, etc, etc. I spend alot of time with motorcycles but its only 1 of 5 major things I like to do. Professionally I am pretty busy too. For me, and alot of other riders, finding the time and energy to do all the stuff I want to do is the primary issue. I'd like to see a show on IOM, Dakar, the ISDE, Speedway... but it would still be a low priority.

TV knows their audience, its couch potatos. A real motorcyclist is the other end of the spectrum from couch potato.

And not just any chopper, this one has a working electric guitar with it's own built in amp. as a sissy bar! A set of microphones as handlebars and a LCD flip down TV under the gas tank. Who could ask for more. :huh2:

55091[/snapback]

This is a joke, right?

speed-who?

i stop watching that last year, seriously...

forget cable for tv, just tell your provider to hook up your computer :thumbsup:

Just the other day in my way to Austin i rode by the typical speed channel audience...this dude is driving an SSR (that ugly chevy retro p/u truck) towing

a roadking w/so much chrome on it i have to squint my eyes, really...towing it on a trailer not even in the bed of the truck...i guess that p/u is not ment to haul stuff with...and the bike is not ment to be ridden...go figure...sad indeed

Sadly, we get all that shite over here too,some fat git and his pouty son "building a theme bike at a vast profit from some old crap left lying around". A truly original thought would probably kill them. Think about it, a Hardly Ableson type engine, tuned,bored, stroked, whatever. In a chassis package that makes it SLOWER than a stock H-D in anything other than a straight line.ANY FOOL can make a bike slower than stock, and these shows have more clowns than Cirque se Soliel.

Guest philbo
Sadly, we get all that shite over here too,some fat git and his pouty son "building a theme bike at a vast profit from some old crap left lying around". A truly original thought would probably kill them. Think about it, a Hardly Ableson type engine, tuned,bored, stroked, whatever. In a chassis package that makes it SLOWER than a stock H-D in anything other than a straight line.ANY FOOL can make a bike slower than stock, and these shows have more clowns than Cirque se Soliel.

55159[/snapback]

I do get a good laugh out of passing them on Sunday morning rides (for some reason, they never ride during the week). Most riders wave when they pass each other but for some reason, people riding choppers always seem too serious to wave - on the other hand, if they let go of the bars to wave, they might go ass over tit down the road - I wonder what the insurance on one of those $30K plus things is like - it must be brutal ..

Many,many,many years go,when the earth was young, I made a chopper out of a 750 sidevalve Harley.I wanted to be Dennis Hopper in Easy Rider. The frame was stretched and raked,springers extended by some godawful mount. It still had the foot clutch and hand shift and was a comlpete fucking nightmare to ride in town, hill starts inducing fear and paranoia in particular(and there are some steep hills in Glasgow) Did I care? nope, thought I was Jesus Christ, John Lennon and Clint Eastwood all rolled up in one! What a dope.Had to give it up after returning from a Chopper Club run in England,I was pissing blood.About 1500 miles in a week on a rigid frame had bruised my kidneys- I was overjoyed!Thought I was dying! I still like a well executed chop, but no way would I have one again, and anyone who uses one to bolster their pathetic ego trip fantasies is a bigger loser than even I was, I was young and impressionable(that's my excuse,anyway) any middle aged office worker who dresses and acts like some weekend outlaw deserves all the scorn and derision they will inevitably attract. I never hold back with these guys, and had plenty of run-ins with them when I had my old Shovelhead. And BTW, anyone who notices their Guzzi vibrating should have tried that sucker at 90 before I rebuilt the engine. Brackets fractured, tank split, no feeling at all in the hands after a minute or two-the worlds fastest jackhammer.

Guest Roadslayer

I'm with Big J on that one. 34 years ago,at age 19 I got a high paying job and promptly bought a '49 Panhead already done up like the Easyrider bike minus the flag fuel tank. Thought I was 'King Shite.' In fact I was. A fist full of twenty dollar bills. A belly full of beer and a pocket full of hash. Sleavless jean jacket with an upsidedown American flag sewn on the back. God,I was something. I owned a half dozen old Brit and Jap bikes before that and figured out this Harley is a total dinoseur. In '79 I bought a new Shovelhead and thought,wow,this is just like my old Panhead,only brand new. It wobbles and shakes. It won't stop or turn.What gives? So I put a small fortune into it with mostly my own work. You know. Spray cans and chrome with lots of performance goodies to make it go fast,which it never did. I also bought a new Yamaha FJ 1100 to tour the country on while I gold plated devil heads,Swasticas,dice and pitch forks all over it to scare little girls. Then the '90's happened so you don't me to tell you where we are now. Which brings us to Nascar Davidson.I've been around the 1 per centers sents the late '60's when the world was young. This present batch of old codgers posing as "bikers" make me want to cry. I reminds me of when we were children and would dress up like pirates with a patch over your eye and a stick and garbage can lid for a sword and shield. To scare little girls. "Cheers" Roadslayer :2c: