side bags consultation .

fernando

i have the tekno bags on my lemans.

on my recent trip around new england one of the bags,left side , fell off and was run over many times. did lose my glasses,digital camera,etc.

got a quick replacement bag but they leaked in the rain---tourmaster bags that resemble the tekno.

teknos are no longer available.

but,i have the mounting hardware that attaches to the bag. and onto the hardware on the bike.

i was thinking of getting givi or h & p bags and use the bag hardware from the tekno ( EASILY REMOVED AND APPLIED TO OTHER BAGS ) , to mount the new bags.

but , the givi and hp or hb are rigid bags and may weigh more than my teknos.

and because the bag hardware can be mounted anyway i want , i can do so in a way that it will clear the exhaust and even incline the bags forward.

givi has a 36 and a 45 liter bag.

any danger in them sticking out too much ? aerodynamics ?

does anyone of you have any eperience doing this ?

i do not want to break anything on the bike.

teknos are no longer available

You might just check with MG Cycle or Harpers, I think that one of the two was stocking the Tekno's, or at least had a line on them.

TLM (can't miss 'em - look up - board sponsor) might be worth a shot, too. There was also a dealer / stockist in the UK that sold the Tekno's as well as a very tasty rear rack, but alas, I can't recall their name.

Phil

i have the tekno bags on my lemans.

i was thinking of getting givi or h & p bags  and use the bag hardware from the tekno ( EASILY REMOVED AND APPLIED TO OTHER BAGS  ) , to mount the new bags.

but , the givi and hp or hb  are rigid bags and may weigh more than my teknos.

and because the bag hardware can be mounted anyway i want , i can do so in a way that it will clear the exhaust and even incline the bags forward.

does anyone of you have any eperience doing this ?

Take a look at this thread..

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...opic=2887&st=15

I've got some pics of the Givi's mounted on my bike on the second page. I compromised and mounted the bags further forward than some people might. You can't have the bags on and carry a passenger because they wouldn't have access to footpegs, but for my useage it's great.

johnk

thank you john k.

your bags look good . big but good.

i see that you ised the givi mounting kit.

in my case i have the hardware on the bike from the teknos.

all i have to do is remove the mounting hardware from the rear of my teknos and mount them on the givis. this is what worries me.

and ,i refuse to carry anyone in my bike .

but,when i do carry a girl,not my wife ,she refuses to ride a bike , i usually borrow a harley sporster with the engine mounted directly to the frame.

the vibration beats any vibrator out there.

and they just love it.

i have to tie them to me to prevent them from falling off the bike.

all in fun guys .

Givi makes several size hard bags. I use the 360s on my Honda VFR and they are very nice, can hold a full face helmet in each. The 460's are too large for my taste. Givi also makes a 21 series which is smaller and looks odd/ugly. Their new 41 series (I think, colored top lids) are very nice, but may also be a little large for most tastes.

Givi also makes several soft bags and I think someone had some nice things to say about them (Sparrows?). Maybe these could be modified to accept the Techno brackets. Best o' luck and keep us posted. Joe :rasta:

Tekno bags are available in italy, I guess the supplier might have simply run out of stock or decided not to supply them anymore, but as others said it shouldn't be difficult to find them. Onestly I wouldn't adapt the side racks to use givi or HB hard bags, cause being har bags you probably load them more than soft bags and I don't know if they will stand the weight. I was thinking about buying the tekno bags, just for my curiosity, how much did you load in the bag? where did it brake? the textile, the holder?

how did you fit the tourmaster soft bags on the tekno side racks?

are the tekno bags waterproof? If I am not wrong they are supplied with a rain cover.

Ever thought about folding your belongings into waterproof bags and fit them inside the tourmaster bags and forget about the leakage?

Here's the supplier's site. Scroll down to the BLIR bags and you may be able to get a single replacement bag. The bags themselves were the same for several brands and came with different mounting brackets:

http://www.bags-bike.com/linee.htm