03 Black LeMans Totalled in NorCal

al_roethlisberger

Guest Dave Pott

Oh Man!, Tom, I think we found the spot the next day...you were, maybe, 2-3 miles from Hwy 101!! and then an easy cruise to Eureka.

Yeah, that is a gnarly curve that starts out seemingly benign....ofcourse, that 20 MPH sign may give a hint :blush:

Now I wish we had gone with you to Hwy 101. Maybe things would have been different.... or maybe all three of us would have ended up over the edge :(

Were just glad YOU'RE O.K.. but damn, that was a good looking Le Mans :mg: I feel bad for both you AND Dr. Gil.

• 4 weeks later...

Tomsp,

I see you're selling the Tecknos and Shop stand. I know the bike was going to be sold anyway before the accident. Does this mean that the bke has been written off beyond economical repair and you've been paid off and just unloading what you have left?

If this is the end, can you give an exit post on your V11Lemans experiance.

Please cover if you kept it longer or shorter than normal, what you replaced it with etc

It's been good reading your posts and I'll miss seeing your Sully avtar (I know you changed it when you put the bike up for sale) Hope that doesn't sound too wet or make me sound like a homosexual. Not that there's anything wrong with being a homosexual, but I'm not. best I'd shut up :D

:thumbsup:

I'm curious to know what became of the bike myself. Is it going to be sold for parts? I dont wish anyone any bad luck because I dont need the bad karma, but I hope a salvage v11 turns up in the ohio area. I'd like to have one just for parts & to learn how to work on a motorcycle better. :luigi:

Tom, I'm glad your ok.

I was just down at Moto I. Your bike looks remarkably good for what you have described.

Though the mechanic did utter the T word, based on price of replacement parts, I don't know.

I'd give it some thought.

-Hal

I must compliment you on your choice of roads. The Leggett express as we call it, from #1 to #101 is understatedly a legend up these parts. Arguably the most extreme entertaining and demanding 22 miles one could care to ride. I know of two local buddies who have chucked their big Jap superbikes over the edge on that chunk of road, with hospital stays required, and a tow truck with 150 feet of cable for the bikes. I know this road well, having ridden it dozens of times. I stop friends at the start now, to warn them of the nature of the road. This road is the natural habitat of the dual purpose or hooligan style bike.

Tread carefully!

Ciao, Steve G.

55408[/snapback]

Tom...I have been incredibly busy at work lately and between that and going through the stuggles of purchasing a new bike from out of state while living in this rural area I haven't been paying the attention I should to this site. I just today "tumbled" onto this thread. Glad you continue to have no after affects from your get-off. I've got my fingers crossed that there is still hope for your lovely black Le Mans.

Steve G is totally right about that stretch of Hwy 1. I personally have several, friends, both local and non-local, experienced riders who have had that road reach up and bite them. It is a delightful road to ride and having been repaved in the last year it is all too tempting to ride it quickly. It's pretty much of a toss up which of our two local, legendary roads (Hwy 1 and Hwy 36) gets more riders and bikes hurt.

I hope you get the Guzzi back on the road and if not there is always the excitement of buying a new bike to look forward to...believe me, I speak from recent experience. :thumbsup: