Green V11 Sighting in NJ

Guest MikeC

Guest MikeC

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but seeing a Guzzi in NJ other mine is very rare.

Sunday morning 7/3/05 on RT. 23 Wantage area. Bike was heading North with two other sport bikes. I was traveling south on my California.

Mike

Mike, you need to get glasses! <_>

There are only three V11 Moto Guzzis in the entire state of NJ. One is in Cape May county (mine), the second is yours, and the third is in a museum up north somewhere. Neither I nor the museum Guzzi were on Rt 23 on July 3rd. :D:D

Guest MikeC
Mike, you need to get glasses!  <_<

There are only three V11 Moto Guzzis in the entire state of NJ. One is in Cape May county (mine), the second is yours, and the third is in a museum up north somewhere. Neither I nor the museum Guzzi were on Rt 23 on July 3rd. :D  :D

55702[/snapback]

Ralph,

Your right. The owner contacted me and he lives in Staten Island, NY.

Close but not NJ. Were looking to get together for a ride soon. He rides in in North Jersey often.

Mike

Guest MikeC
Well, I'm in Fair Lawn, but my '02 LeMans is red/gray.

55710[/snapback]

Quazi...Not sure but I may have meet you a couple of years ago at High Point State Park. I was on my California. If it was you, there was another bike with you can't recall the make and you had a lady with you.

Mike

Guest edusinowicz

Another Jersey boy checking in. I live in West Milford and have a 2002 LeMans. I usually ride through and around Harriman State Park on Sunday mornings and park/pose/tell lies/oogle other bikes at Perkins Memorial on top of Bear Mt. Hope to see you folks around.

Ed

Guest MikeC
Another Jersey boy checking in. I live in West Milford and have a 2002 LeMans. I usually ride through and around Harriman State Park on Sunday mornings and park/pose/tell lies/oogle other bikes at Perkins Memorial on top of Bear Mt. Hope to see you folks around.

Ed

55749[/snapback]

Ed,

I'm in Parsippany. I ride through West Milford allot heading up to Greenwood Lake. I stop now and then at Emerald Point for a bite to eat and a drink.

I usually take Union Valley Road up.

Let me know if you want to get together sometime for a ride.

Mike

Ed,

I thought that I was the only one that did that sort of thing! Just kidding, but I also ride up to Harriman quite often and usually take a run up to Perkins although this year I haven't had much of a chance since I'm now working seven days a week.

Guest MikeC
Mike and Quasi-moto,

Do you guys want to hook up at Perkins?

Ed

55799[/snapback]

Sounds good. This weekend does not look good for me, daughter has All Star games. Let me know when anyone is available and we can set it up.

Never been to Perkins. Been to Rockwell Cycles a couple of times. How do you get there?

My email address is...capurso1@optonline.net

Email me and I'll give you my cell #

Mike

Let me know if you want to get together sometime for a ride.

Mike

55755[/snapback]

this may be a dumb question, but i was wondering how (hard) you guys can ride in the USA.

I mean, we all have this preconception (?) of the USA being vastly controlled by cops in cars, waiting for their prey as soon as they pass 80 mph or so...

i'm under the (stupid ?) idea it's very hard to find spots where you can really open up and gas it as we do have this popular image of the state sheriff waiting for the bike to pass, hidden behind a Marlboro billboard in the desert ;)

over here, that's the Belgian Ardennes, and with most sport bikes, week-end rides are very often done at totally illegal speeds and on specific roads some nutters do wait for other bikes to come by and "play", and we don't seem to have much cops around to stop us there (there are radars, but they're not in the twisties).

ciao,

jihem:)

Guest MikeC
this may be a dumb question, but i was wondering how (hard) you guys can ride in the USA.

I mean, we all have this preconception (?) of the USA being vastly controlled by cops in cars, waiting for their prey as soon as they pass 80 mph or so...

i'm under the  (stupid ?) idea it's very hard to find spots where you can really open up and gas it as we do have this popular image of the state sheriff  waiting for the bike to pass, hidden behind a Marlboro billboard in the desert ;)

over here, that's the Belgian Ardennes, and  with most sport bikes, week-end rides are very often done at totally illegal speeds and on specific roads some nutters do wait for other bikes to come by and "play", and we don't seem to have much cops around to stop us there (there are radars, but they're not in the twisties).

ciao,

jihem:)

55809[/snapback]

There are roads/sections that I know and feel comfortable riding fast. Most highways around here if your not going 80mph you'll be passed. I hate highways.

I stick to back roads I know if at all possible.

I usually leave the house by 6:30 am on a Sunday. I have great roads that generally are COP free all to myself. Again it helps to know the road and where they hang-out so you can back off the throttle.