Green V11 Sighting in NJ

Guest MikeC

Guest edusinowicz

Hey Guys,

Next weekend I'm out of town but the weekend after (23 & 24) works for me.

Mike, if you took Seven Lakes Drive to Bear Mt. to get to Rockwell's you passed by Perkins Memorial Drive. I'll send direction to your e-mail address. Preferably Sunday mornings are the best time to ride the park. If you want to get in touch with me my e-mail is ed.usinowicz@selective.com

Ed

Jihem,

I can only speak for my little part of the U.S but if one sticks to the backroads and has some local knowledge of the roads the speed limit becomes merely a suggestion, after all it's only illegal if you get caught :D Most of the speed traps tend to be on the highways and Interstates.

Ed

Ed

Jihem,

I can only speak for my little part of the U.S but if one sticks to the backroads and has some local knowledge of the roads the speed limit becomes merely a suggestion, after all it's only illegal if you get caught :D  Most of the speed traps tend to be on the highways and Interstates.

Ed

55962[/snapback]

ditto in Texas :bier:

Guest philbo
Another Jersey boy checking in. I live in West Milford and have a 2002 LeMans. I usually ride through and around Harriman State Park on Sunday mornings and park/pose/tell lies/oogle other bikes at Perkins Memorial on top of Bear Mt. Hope to see you folks around.

Ed

55749[/snapback]

I was riding through there yesterday morning - it was a nice day for it. I met up with a couple of guys in Katonah for breakfast and folllowed them (seeing as they knew where they were going and I didn't). I remember a route 9, bear mountain parkway, route 17 (A I think), the memorial, down to the hudson for lunch on the water the around west point and back down 101. 150 miles of bliss. I'd like to do it again just to see where the hell I was. There was some great roads winding around cliffs and through the farm country.

If anyone is interested, I head over that way again in a heartbeat.

Cheers

this may be a dumb question, but i was wondering how (hard) you guys can ride in the USA.

I mean, we all have this preconception (?) of the USA being vastly controlled by cops in cars, waiting for their prey as soon as they pass 80 mph or so...

i'm under the  (stupid ?) idea it's very hard to find spots where you can really open up and gas it as we do have this popular image of the state sheriff  waiting for the bike to pass, hidden behind a Marlboro billboard in the desert ;)

over here, that's the Belgian Ardennes, and  with most sport bikes, week-end rides are very often done at totally illegal speeds and on specific roads some nutters do wait for other bikes to come by and "play", and we don't seem to have much cops around to stop us there (there are radars, but they're not in the twisties).

ciao,

jihem:)

55809[/snapback]

Yes, you are "under the stupid idea" :bbblll:

:rolleyes: ... just kidding :D

But honestly, it just depends on where you go :huh2: I'm not a big proponent of riding around like "Ricky Racer" on public roads, my personal opinion, but there are lots of places up in the mountains, and especially out on our 1000s of miles of desert highways where one can easily go "a ton and a half" without ever seeing a cop for a long time.

:bike:

Guest MikeC

I was thinking of heading to Perkins this Sunday morning early. Anyone planning on going or want to hook-up there or somewhere along the route?

Never been there this would be my first time.

I was thinking of taking 202 from Morris County up to 17 in NY to Seven

Lakes Drive.

Email me if you like.

capurso1@optonline.net

Guest edusinowicz

Mike,

I'm planning on going to Perkins on Sunday morning also. The Park Ranger doesn't open the gate until 8am; what time are you looking to get there?

Ed

Guest MikeC
Mike,

I'm planning on going to Perkins on Sunday morning also. The Park Ranger doesn't open the gate until 8am; what time are you looking to get there?

Ed

56458[/snapback]

Ed,

Looks like 8:00 am.

What is your route from West Milford. Maybe we can hookup somewhere.

Mike

Guest edusinowicz

Mike,

I take local backroads to Sloatsburg Rd. which is an exit off 17 about a mile or so before Seven Lakes Drive. To make it easy do you want to meet in the parking lot of the deli on the left about an 1/8 mile after you turn on to Seven Lakes Drive?

Ed

Guest MikeC
Mike,

I take local backroads to Sloatsburg Rd. which is an exit off 17 about a mile or so before Seven Lakes Drive. To make it easy do you want to meet in the parking lot of the deli on the left about an 1/8 mile after you turn on to Seven Lakes Drive?

Ed

56468[/snapback]

Ed,

Sounds good. What time?

Is there a landmark at the intersection of 17 and 7 lks dr. I believe 202 runs into 17 correct. Any idea how far from that point to 7 lks dr.

Just trying to estimate my times.

Mike

Mike

Guest edusinowicz

Mike,

Seven Lakes Drive is about 10 minutes from where 202 and 17 intersect. 17 briefly joins the NYS Thruway, stay in the right lane as 17 splits off. Left at the traffic light that puts you on 17N and right at the second traffic light onto Seven Lakes Drive. You will pass the Sloatsburg PD on your right as you approach Seven Lakes Drive. Does 8 am sound OK? I'll ping your e-mail with my phone number.

Anyone else care to join?

Ed

Guest MikeC
Mike,

Seven Lakes Drive is about 10 minutes from where 202 and 17 intersect. 17 briefly joins the NYS Thruway, stay in the right lane as 17 splits off. Left at the traffic light that puts you on 17N and right at the second traffic light onto Seven Lakes Drive. You will pass the Sloatsburg PD on your right as you approach Seven Lakes Drive.  Does 8 am sound OK? I'll ping your e-mail with my phone number.

Anyone else care to join?

Ed

56522[/snapback]

Ed,

I'll be there between 7:30 and 8:00 at the deli.

After you email me your phone # I'll reply back with my cell #.

Mike