Piaggio spends 25 million Euro on MG

orangeokie

Source once more: Alan Cathcart:

"Piaggio has dumped 25 million Euro into Moto Guzzi. They're aiming for a bike production of 10 or 12k per year so Moto Guzzi can live again. They're unsure whether to upgrade the old factory or build a whole new one 10 km down the road."

aprilia/Moto Guzzi link

Just as i suggested in another thread . . . a la John bloor at Triumph.

Guest hogjockey

"Piaggio has dumped 25 million Euro into Moto Guzzi. They're aiming for a bike production of 10 or 12k per year so Moto Guzzi can live again. They're unsure whether to upgrade the old factory or build a whole new one 10 km down the road."

aprilia/Moto Guzzi link

56159[/snapback]

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN????????????

In a surprising move, Sears Corporation and new partner Kmart unveiled plans today, that they are seeking to acquire the Moto Guzzi Motorcycle company. If acquired Moto Guzzis will be solded in the United States and throughout North America under the Kenmore Brand Name. Early reports indicate that the Moto Guzzi/Kenmore motorcycles will be sold through the new Sears/Kmart SuperStore network. When an official at Moto Guzzi was finally reached for comment, and anonymous spokesman stated…

“Aye! She ain’ta mush’a fa motocycyleria but I bett’a she’s gone-be una hellaffa washmachine.”

When asked for further comment, none was forthcoming. However, after several seconds, an apparent gunshot was heard, and the phone-line immediately went silent.

ADD has no further information at this time.

Guest Nogbad

aprilia/Moto Guzzi link

56159[/snapback]

Are you sure? I don't really believe it.