New to Moto Guzzi

FJR05

I just picked up a 2003 MG LeMans, my question is that warranty is up in Nov of 2005, is the warranty transferable to the new owner.and what gas Octane does this bike use? TIA S.D.

I can't answer the warrantee issue but when it comes to gas the answer is good gas. I would recommend staying with premium especially if your ride is predisposed to predetonation (pinging).

Normaly warranty is transferable to the new owner. Contact moto guzzi about this. Did you get the warranty booklet? I think that even hold a transfer form. Futher, when the previous owner didn't have the dealer do the service, warranty isn't working anymore. Here in europe, a dealer has to put all service in the moto guzzi computer so they can see what a bike had as servicehistory. If you go to a dealer, they can with the VIN look the bikes history up in the moto guzzi computer.

Normaly warranty is transferable to the new owner. Contact moto guzzi about this. Did you get the warranty booklet? I think that even hold a transfer form. Futher, when the previous owner didn't have the dealer do the service, warranty isn't working anymore. Here in europe, a dealer has to put all service in the moto guzzi computer so they can see what a bike had as servicehistory. If you go to a dealer, they can with the VIN look the bikes history up in the moto guzzi computer.

56367[/snapback]

No worries for the O.P. on that; he's stateside, so as long as the regular services are performed & records of doing so kept, Guzzi can't void the warranty.

Before they passed this law, manufacturers liked to decline warranty service on the grounds of "you didn't use our special oil or take it to our special mechanic (who just happens to be 1000 miles from anywhere...)" Sometimes govt. can be useful! :P

I just picked up a 2003 MG LeMans, my question is that warranty is up in Nov of 2005, is the warranty transferable to the new owner.and what gas Octane does this bike use? TIA S.D.

56365[/snapback]

Unless stated somewhere in the contract that the warranty is not transferable, it is connected to the vehicle, not to the owner, so I would say that you inherit the warranty with the motrbike.

About the octane you should look at the instruction manual, if you don't have any cotact the dealer, in italy and europe in general the Le Mans runs with the 95 octane gasoline, what we call "unleaded", I am not sure in USA, cause you have different regulations, but unless the ECU is differently set up, the premium should go, as others already said.

Thanks to all that replied but I have another question what is that piece of metal floating around in my headlight and dose that effect the lights performance?TIA S.D.

Thanks to all that replied but I have another question what is that piece of metal floating around in my headlight and dose that effect the lights performance?TIA S.D.

56434[/snapback]

:lol:

Sorry, S.D., I'm laughing with you not at you. That bit of metal is the reflector inside the headlamp and there are numerous reports of it failing- just like that one.

If the bike's under warranty, have it replaced. Otherwise, just fish it out before it wear's all the reflective paint off the inside of the headlight. I think someone said their headlight worked *better* after they removed it, so....it's a feature.

When I removed that shield from my headlight I found it to be interesting riding the bike at night. The headlight beam seemed to have a halo around it and I could see squirrels in the trees. Eventually I trashed the whole headlight system and installed a sealed beam. Word of caution. Get one of those lense protectors. The type that is a clear film that sticks to the lense. A rock came up from nowhere and put a hole in my lense. At around $250 to replace it's obvious why I went the $27 (and a lot of patience :o ) sealed beam route.

....When I removed that shield from my headlight I found it to be interesting riding the bike at night. The headlight beam seemed to have a halo around it and I could see squirrels in the trees....

:huh: Wow! - it never had that effect on me ......

Guest Nogbad
However, what is interesting is that the UK spec headlamp that I got did not include said shroud/"shield"  :huh2:

56477[/snapback]

Er quite. However, we limeys DO drive on the other side of the road of course. Being as the Left side is the Right side, and the Right side is the Wrong side.

My 03 model didn't have a shroud. But when the lens was smashed with a stone. It was replaced. My dealer forgot about me and as a guilt trip did it as a warranty. But I think I've got a RHD beam. Could be interseting next year when comes up for MOT.