Guzzi accessory carbon cans

docc

The Mistral cans I've seen have a very nice glossy finish compared to my 'competition' cans. In construction they look more like my neighbor's (m900) Termignoni bu MGNA said (unofficially) they didn't think so.

I'll look at the Mistral site for comparison. The Guzzi cans really sound great and they don't look ' bad ' just don't compare well with the Mistral ovals I saw. These were quite a bit more expensive , too.

I have the alloy cans made by Mistral for Guzzi. Buy them from Guzzi and you'll get the "off road only use" plaque on them. Buy them direct from Mistral and you get a nice red Mistral sticker on them!

I plan to have a alloy plate engraved with a MG logo and I'll form it to fit the curvature on the cans Then I'll drill the rivets and rivet on the new logos! Voila! All done and classy looking!

I never understood those plaques anyway. I mean DUH! Let them drag on the road and they will get damaged! Keep them off the road and they won't! Guzzi must have some really prissy liability lawyers working there these days!

I never understood those plaques anyway. I mean DUH! Let them drag on the road and they will get damaged! Keep them off the road and they won't! Guzzi must have some really prissy liability lawyers working there these days!

that's pretty funny!

You guys are absolutuly right . The Mistral cans shown on hteir site are definately the Guzzi cans. Well, except for the beautiful red oval plaques.

My little plaques actually look pretty interesting hanging in the toolbox in front of a v11 sport brochure. Hey, that's off-road, isn't it?

Look well ahead, docc

• 2 weeks later...

Docc,

I got following message today:

Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 8:02 PM

Subject: R: Mistral silencers V11

Hi Konrad

I have mada a search for your packet.

Now it is at the US Customs, waiting to be endorse.

I think it is arriving!!

bye!

I'll post a picture once Im done with the installation.

Konrad

Docc,

I'll do so but it's gotta be in my garage, no flyby, ya know, we got a layer of snow and ice on the roads down here in DFW.

Konrad

post-5-1046327022_thumb.jpg

I have  the alloy cans made by Mistral for Guzzi. Buy them from Guzzi and you'll get the "off road only use" plaque on them. Buy them direct from Mistral and you get a nice red Mistral sticker on them!

I plan to have a alloy plate engraved with a MG logo and I'll form it to fit the curvature on the cans Then I'll drill the rivets and rivet on the new logos! Voila! All done and classy looking!

The "Off road use only" plaque has nothing to do with Guzzi liability. If the bike makes a sound louder than a predetermined range, then in the UK and I'm assuming European countries as well, all mufflers must come with this warning.

In the UK, the cops will ticket you for loud pipes.

DB, That's good to know. I thought the plaques wre some stupid US federal thing. Now that I know they are genuine MOT they look even better hanging in my toolbox , well and good off the road.

I feel better knowing my cans are not being used on the UK motorways and my chance of getting 'nicked' by your constabulary is pretty slim!

Good to hear from you, docc