On The Road Again

auldy

Hi All,

Well after the woes of transmission spring failure, speedo cable breakage and leaky fork seals, I'm happy to say i'm back on the road.

Whilst waiting for a new spring I had a new inner speedo cable made up, replaced the front fork seals and oil, had the tank, tailpiece and seat dome resprayed in 2 Pak gloss finish and new decals made up. Had a mate machine the journal down to 15mm on the transmission lever, changed the spring and fresh oil. Backed off the front and rear suspension preloads to allow for my 75 kilogram weight and she handles and goes like a dream. Now all I need is a fairing for the front and some warm Sydney weather, bring it on.

IMG_1463.jpgIMG_1465.jpg

Cheers

Auldy

:bier:

Actualkly there is a secound hand black Magni Fairing at Rick Gills Honda (he's the local offical Guzzi dealer, everyone in practise actully goes to Thunderbikes) in Perth for sale athough around 1700 I think can't remeber. Might be a nice replacement for the orginal.

Guest hogjockey
Hi All,

Well after the woes of transmission spring failure, speedo cable breakage and leaky fork seals, I'm happy to say i'm back on the road.

Whilst waiting for a new spring I had a new inner speedo cable made up, replaced the front fork seals and oil, had the tank, tailpiece and seat dome resprayed in 2 Pak gloss finish and new decals made up. Had a mate machine the journal down to 15mm on the transmission lever, changed the spring and fresh oil. Backed off the front and rear suspension preloads to allow for my 75 kilogram weight and she handles and goes like a dream. Now all I need is a fairing for the front and some warm Sydney weather, bring it on.

post-1434-1121935226_thumb.jpgpost-1434-1121935281_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Auldy

56517[/snapback]

Real nice ride!!!!!!!!

Guest jasper

he Auldy,

nice paintjob with the shiny black!! looks great....

going for a two month holliday down under with my OZ girlfriend looking forward to the nice weather and thinking about taking the scura with me.... with good weather remarks like that i could be easily confinced (its raining for days here)

Ciao

jap

Hey Jasper,

September/October is a great time to hit the Sydney area. Spring will have started and on September 25th The Ducati Owners Club of NSW hold their Concourse d' Elegance Day. This is an all Italian Day with displays by Ducati, Aprillia, Moto Guzzi, Laverda and other well known Italian cars and bikes. The day also includes Italian music, food and atmosphere. I have been the last two years running and thoroughly would recommend it to any person with an Italian interest at heart. If any members are based in the Sydney area you can check out the www.docnsw.org.au/ website.

Can someone pass me another beer, i'm feeling dehydrated

Cheers

Auldy

If you ever make it over to the west of Aust contact me. I work away so it might not be possible to catch up but at least we have the best Guzzi shop in Australia here :P Roads are a bit open and stupidly fast around here though and the one between Sydney and Perth is a bit of a drag Nullaboring.

Guest jasper

he there,

it did take me a while to check this.. :mg: site..

it's raining again but i wasn't for the last couple of weeks so that explains it a bit..

@antonio project is going just fine, slow but fine currently building the enigine (standing there for a while now..)

@ the aussies... we have got two months so enough time to do some serious travelling!! Thinking bout emigrating so it's nice to hear there are some guzzi minded people there! september 25 th is not going to happen i leave 3th of november....

would love to meet up just need to discuss traveling plans with my girlfriend....

Aaaa better work on the bike now!!

Ciao

jasper :nl:

Guest bugsy
by the way auldy..

how many scura's in OZ??

:P:  :helmet:

Ciao

jasper

56948[/snapback]

Hi, I'm told 25 .... and i'm looking for one! :food:

Hi Jasper and Bugsy,

I believe there are 25 Scura's in Australia. Bugsy, there is one currently for sale at Highway Performance Bikes in Banksia NSW. It is advertised at Bikepoint.com.au in the Moto Guzzi section under Scura.

Cheers

Auldy

Guest jasper

well 26 in roughly a year.... funny to see the one advertised at bikepoint has the same tail mine has....

would almost make sense to sell mine here and buy one over there saves the hassle of moving i'll have to look into that!

@bugsy go for the scura.. i had a green v11 before the upgrade in suspension is worth it!

Ciao