LeMans report/

Ouiji Veck

Just got back from a trip around Cape Breton Nova Scotia from Westerly RI on my new/used 02 LeMans Put 2700 mi on and had very little go wrong.

I got around 43 mpg averaging 80 mph on the highways.

Snapped something loose on the instrument cluster and had to employ

zip ties to hold it togeather. (We were hitting some pretty ruff roads at and around 70 mph ...and did a bit of motocrossing down to Meat Cove and Cape d'Ore)

Just as a civilian was going on about how my LeMans was much nicer than my mates

BMWs the LeMans backfired as I started it and blew the right throttle body off it's morrings....lots of fun around the campfire at my expence.

Also destroyed my backMetzler ..it was extremly hot the whole trip...

Looks like a belt had seperated...it ate itself from Advocte NS to Lincoln Maine..

I thought I would need to bend over and spred 'em for some MC shop on the

way home yesterday but it held togeather unbeliveably well for the 400mi ride home yesterday...had to be 120 deg. on rt 95...75-85mph all the way... Had to keep

my leathers on with the tire in less than optimal shape...the jammed toll boths

about broiled me alive.

Not a drop of rain...unbeliveable!! 80s and 90s every day..

Thanks to this board I had headed off all the Guzzi glitches and snafus ahead of time and had a great trip...My biggest complaint is that stupid dipstick...what a moronic

piece of crap....and no center stand too boot...

"Hey....one of you guys with that crappy BMW come over and balance my bike so I can check my oil"..I guess I shoulda brought my shop stand....maybe would have thrown on a tire too...

Any way.. it was big adventure....saw 2 big bull moose and whales off shore up around

Chettacamp..(spent 3 nights up there...awesome nowhereland) and was encircled

by 3 diffrent packs of coyotes in Advocate and between they're howling and yapping

we could here the whales...

The roads are great fun...especially the upper Cabot Trail and the Glooscap Trail

down into and out of Cape D' Or where the prehistoric 9ft bever used to live...

Rugged country...eye poping scenery...twisty unpopulated roads...good destination from the eastern US...though I think I like the Gaspe Pininsula better...I'll have to go back and check...next year?

I hope to do a web site for the trip with pics and all....meanwhile you could just Google Cape D'or images or Cabot Trail images if ya want to get an idea.of what it's like...The LeMans love 80mph for a tank at a time....yipeeeee

(now for a tire....a high milage tire...my name ain't Valentino or Nicky)

Cape Breton Nova Scotia

Cabot Trail and the  Glooscap Trail

down into and out of Cape D' Or...

56670[/snapback]

Oh yummy yum :food:

The place names that pop up in posts, not least from the northern areas of the American continent, are so tasty, so very evocative. A list of such names would be an even better thread than the 'Pictures of yer V.11' list.

Now, just whisper, Bay of Fundy................ ^_^

Must have been a huge ping pong ball.....

56780[/snapback]

took up the whole building, the seating was out side :P

Sounds like a nice ride Ouiji :thumbsup: I think I might have to extend my big ride coming up in '06 for a little detour into the area. Maybe I could talk them into giving me a few more days vacation........ :grin: