Hi from Melbourne

Guest Adrenal

Guest Adrenal

Hi all

I've lusted after V11's from a distance for some time but have recently crept much closer to the point that a familiar fever has set in - obsessive thoughts, surfing the net till the wee hours, sleepless nights etc etc. It doesn't happen often, but when it does I know that resistance is futile.

Unique form and aesthetics, authentic character and soul are pure intoxication to me which is why I tend towards the older classics that require TLC and time in the shed (currently have a 1976 BMW R90S and a 1982 Ducati MHR 900). However the time has come for me to enter the 21st1/2 century and the only bike which does it for me is the MG V11 and I haven't even ridden one!! I'll be test riding a Le Mans this week and can already feel it's long legs spiriting me through them sweepers. MG strike me as one of the few marques who's machines are still born of passion rather than marketing. Unfortunately, I think even BMW falls more into the latter category nowadays.

I am looking at buing either a Lemans or a Scura although options for the latter are a very limited here in Aust. There are still a couple brand new 1983 and 1984 Le Mans available here. Aside from the issues with 2002 models I am struggling to get a good handle on the differences between years and models with regard to mechanical differences/changes (eg compression ratios, clutch differences) and particularly recalls and problems.

Is there a definitive list by engine number and year which sets out these isses?

Looked in FAQ's but didn't see anything.

Cheers for now.

Welcome AD. :bier: I'm new here as well, but have many of the same feelings towards the V11 as do you. I'm very close to getting an '02 Scura, but I'm still receiving some "buyer beware" vibes from some here on the forum. If I had my druthers ( and a bit more cash) I'd spring for the new Coppa Italia. :notworthy:

Guest Adrenal

Thanks Orange,

It sure is buyer beware so nothing like being armed with as much info as possible which is where this forum is so great. Good luck with your hunt.

Cheers