K&N Filter Question

joe camarda

Does anyone know if a K&N RE 0280 air filter will work on my 01 Sport? It has a 2.0 inch (51 mm) ID flange.

The commonly used RU 1780 has a 2.063 (52 mm) ID...and the RU 1402 has a 2.062 (52 mm) ID.

TIA...and BTW i just like the looks of the 0280, the top is larger than the base.

Joe :rasta:

The RC1200 is quite a tight fit... Is there a possibility for you to try the RE 0280?

57522[/snapback]

Jaap, are you sure it was the 1200s that were too tight? The RC-1200s that I put on my 03 V11 were not a tight fit at all. Nor were the ones that my friend just put on his 00 model. The 52mm size is actually just a hair to large to stay on the throttle body by itself without clamping it down tightly. A 51mm would actually be prefered, but I wanted the cone pods, which the 51mm 2580 series KN are too small in my opinion and doesn't "fit" the look of the bike. The 52mm 1200 series seals fine after it is clamped down.

Al says you can get the 52mm opening over the rubber velocity stack (with a little lube..heh heh) instead of directly to the TB....I haven't tried this.