Shoot Out - Day Two - Pros and Cons

Enzo

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enzo, the SP-1 and Firestorm (the soft version) are well known in UK for being juicy and small tanks to boot, The firestorm got a larger tank on its revision.

Dealers rarely fill it right up, hope you kept that can. You can at least find out its true range now.

There was an SP-1 done out in police livery with lights etc, in the magazine the capton went along the lines "for short pursuits"

Martin, I like that one: "For short pursuits." That's for sure. You know, all these crotch rockets must be similar in excelleration. I haven't been on one for years - since the Kaw 900 I think. I mean, my V11 has really been tweaked for great power, but I still can't believe the INFINITE acceleration of one of these things - and especially coming from a twin. Just when most twins are leveling off - this thing is just coming on, and you go "my goddddddd!!!!"

The greatest thing about it in my book is that it IS a tank as you say. There is just nothing that will unsettle this frame. A real joy in the corners as it feels it's on rails at all times.

My fast 'Cobra' has become my 'relaxed cross-country bike' now. Funny.

I thnk all you guys should go out and buy a cheap, used Jap rocket just for some occasional roller-coaster thrill effects.

Yesterday, I was just weaving in and out of highway traffic at a good clip - 90 mph or so. It seemed so easy and natural it was like I was just watching it all on TV. Great fun.

I have an FZ1 I bought used as part of the stable and yes, the 1000cc Jap I-4's are powerhouses. It serves as a more than adequate parts chaser for the LM as well as the other bikes. Incredible value for the money.

I am glad for you Enzo, but do not advice us to buy something chaep and Jap to have some surrealistic fun.

This year I will be 40 and something cheap and surrealistic I have had in the past, when I was 20-30 with a lot of inexperience and no worries in my head.

I want now a bike with vibration, with endless torque, with macho sound, with his defects (like a woman has), with a character to share etc. etc.

Those Jappo bikes are 13 in a dozen. So what’s so specially in it?

What’s the difference if you are riding on a Honda 900 CBR or a ZX-10 R?

Can you compare also the R1?

What about the ZRw***GSTWR853***@#CRSSJZX.......?? Hé? What about it???

Antonio,

Some of the Jap bikes are very high quality. Mine feels 'expensive.' Like a quality item. In fact, my Guzzi feels 'cheap' and out dated in comparison to it.

Bikes are all just tools, and you get what you need. I find that I like a bit more of a 'sport' ride than a Guzzi can offer me. You have to admire the Japanese for trying to get out quality products that people can afford. You don't have to be a count to enjoy the pleasures of riding - as, apparently, the Ducati people believe.

And, the bike DOES have a great amount of character. Believe me. It already seems to me like a friendly and obedient dog.

I like that my 'common' Honda beat the Ducati 999 on the track. That is cool, and I have a sense of pride now - another thing Guzzi can't give me. They can't even decide if they want to continue to exist. These Italians seem to have no passion.

...I have a sense of pride now ...

Pride? PRIDE? For now you've fed your delusions, bought into some sportrider image, just like the tassled ones buy some outlaw image. Enzo - it's not what you ride it's how you ride. You can't buy it. Join the rest of the suckers! Or get out on a track & do it for real.

KB :sun:

I have a sense of pride now - another thing Guzzi can't give me.  They can't even decide if they want to continue to exist.  These Italians seem to have no passion.

Enzo,

I have to disagree with you on this one. I can't think of another motorcycle company operating today that has more passion than Guzzi. Look at their history always struggling and for some reason you can't keep them down. That gives me pride that no other brand today could give me.

MGNA could use some passion but MG Italy has more passion than any one. Hell, Aprilla almost went under because of one man's passion for MG.

People buy Jap bikes and HD for obvious reasons and non have to do with passion. A select few motorcyclists go to MG because of passion and no other reason. Why else would anyone in their right mind buy one. :mg:

You have to WANT a Guzzi to own a Guzzi :mg:

Your Honda is a cool bike I know someone who owns one. Great track day bike. That is what he uses it for. His regular ride is a Ducati Monster. Don't sell the Guzzi after a while you'll find yourself moving back to it because it's just a fun bike to ride where as the Honda wants to be ridden on the track to really appreciate it's abilities as it was intended by it's designer.

Enjoy Life,

Mike

Wellll........

The RC 51 is one of the best bikes in the world...it's proven every week end.

I love 'em. I loved my big CBR's too. And everything Honda. Especially the

dust on the wrenches feature. They we're much faster than my Duc 900 but I shure love that alot more. Then again I love dark mediterainian women more than Sweedish blondes...go figure. Comparing an RC 51 to a V11 though is truly apples and oranges.

It's such a personal thing. My new LeMans had been in a big fight for my affection with

the Duc but after the 2700mi trip around Cape Bretton (our honneymoon) it finally won out. I'm 54 now and I appreciate thumping through quaint little towns @ 2500rpms

as well as hanging off on big 90mph sweepers....I rarely get frustrated with traffic and never try to prove to anyone else how fast my bike is....it's plenty fast..as are all of 'em

nowadays.

A part of me longs for an RC or a 999 or a Hyabusa...at times. And when I see one

I stop and sigh and Ooo and ahhh...But out under the stars looking at the Highlites

of the old BeemerDuc LeMans I get a pretty big grin on my face remembering those

90mph sweepers or the big grunt up those impossibly verticle switcbacks.. as the Owls hoot me a lull-a-by.

It's different for everyone...ain't it.

Ouiji,

I like what you say. I think the Lemans with the full stock package and fairing is really the ultimate OTHER bike to me. I've always loved it. It is really the perfect bike for logging up huge miles on a great day of riding enjoyment and outdoor appreciation. I think I've come to view the Sport that I own as a bit of a mistake in the sport/touring category because it doesn't have the COMFORT factor of the longer and faired Lemans.

I really tried to make the Sport into a real sport bike. I think I succeeded in making it a STREET FIGHTER. That is cool I guess. It is desirable to look at; it is loud; and it actually accelerates on par with the RC for the most part. I wish it had better suspension. The guys with the Ohlins package have done well. If you combined Ohlins with OZ wheels like the B&G bikes, it would really be fantastic. I didn't want to put that much more money in the 'Enzo Replica Cobra' project. But I could see this is what I would have to do next. These were modifications I could not make on my own.

If I had done that, or if I had bought a B&G Supertwin, I probably would not have even looked at or desired a Japanese weapon. I sort of wish I had a Lemans now - that way I could have a true long-distance machine. I have an in-town 'bling' and 'poser' with the Cobra. I also now have a very fun sport bike in the Honda. Too bad I don't have the real all-day bike.

Bikes are all just tools,

57918[/snapback]

One can view people the same way, take advantage of them, get rich, and then face the wrath of God, Karma, or just your own conscience.

Or one can recognize that Guzzi and people are more than tools, and then the possibilities are limitless. -_-