Shoot Out - Day Two - Pros and Cons

Enzo

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enzo is busy to @#!#$# this thread up, and pay attention please, he’s started it…

This all argument, has nothing to do with sense.

Do not try to play his game, we defenitely will lost it.

Otherwise, every guy in the all world can choose his own bike.

If somebody will switch from Moto Guzzi to Honda, hell, go ahead buddy.

Somebody else in this forum has switched too.

I remember once, he went Bandit Soozoocchi.

And somebody else went Jamaiha FJRZX .

So what’s wrong in it.

Enzo, my dear, please, go Honda. But don’t humiliate your own Moto Guzzi, and ours too.

You must have some respect for us and for yourself. You’re the one who use to price the torque of your carnival bike?

You’re the one who use to modificate the engine with FBF.

You’re the one who use to apply a lot of shit on your bike.

I begin to believe you just hate your bike…

Well, just go Honda Enzo. Have a nice time….

This from a non-guzzi owner (for the present time) . . . this thread would have made much more sense if Enzo had bought an aprilia RSV mille . . . which is not a "throw away" bike as are most rice rockets. Of all the jap bikes out there, the RC51 is the only one I would consider buying, but not for any of the same reasons I am infatuated with the V11's. Even the moto-magazines realized the RSV vs RC51 shootout made sense, as there have been numerous reviews written, comparing these two bikes. Nicky Hayden made the RC51 what it is today, but the aprilia has much more lasting soul . . . at a price, agreed. But who want's to spend a bundle on a throw away? :2c:

If you ever looked at the quality of design on the RC or RODE IT, you wouldn't be saying it's a 'throw away.' Many kits and tons of parts are also available for it as it is a 'cult' favorite. I don't even know if Aprilia will be in business next year. Plus I'd rather have a 90 degree twin than a 60 degree twin.

Resistance is futile - you will be assimilated.

real interesting rc51 are made in germany, there is a guy doing great kit parts. But for the price you can also have a 4V guzzi:-) He states the standard rc51 is to heavy and slow to have fun with. He doesn't make some carbon exchange parts, this is real rebuild. The bikes are much lighther and more powerfull.

Take a look here:

http://www.honda-rc51.de/

Al_RC1.jpg

Al_RC7_right_side_wo_fairing.jpg

After that he rebuild a 999:

Durbahn_V1_Pic_4.jpg

Guest Steve_W
I think the Lemans with the full stock package and fairing is really the ultimate OTHER bike to me.  I've always loved it.  It is really the perfect bike for logging up huge miles on a great day of riding enjoyment and outdoor appreciation... I sort of wish I had a Lemans now - that way I could have a true long-distance machine...  Too bad I don't have the real all-day bike.

When I read the first report I began to wonder when you'd come to the conclusion that you really need a LeMans. :whistle: A LeMans and the RC-51 would look pretty good together in any garage.

READERS BEWARE! 

This thread contains absolutely NOTHING OF VALUE.  Stop reading now.

You know, when I saw that, I knew this guy must be from the South in the US. That is their solution for alternative information.

Most people who have been around for a while know that I know Guzzis and have made extensive modifications on a V11 Sport. Therefore, my comparisons are of value to anyone interested in sport riding.

I really like the passion some of us in here have for the Guzzi brand. Having said that as fellow motorcyclists I think we should respect other riders tastes & views of other non Guzzi bikes. I believe that this & other riding sites should have dialogue that brings us all together instead of driving a wedge between us & splintering us into smaller & smaller groups. I dont believe any of us would badmouth a guy riding a Honda if we met him on the street for his choice of ride, & I dont believe we should do it here either :2c: Personally I think if we could all afford it most of us would have several different brands of bikes, not just Guzzis. Most all of us in here though could have bought any one bike made that we would want, Guzzis arent cheap. I think most of us in here have put our money where our heart is when we bought our bikes & to say someone elses bike sucks or whatever is like telling them they have no heart or passion for their love of riding. It never hurts to hear an honest opinion about a bike, but we should do it with respect. :2c:

I'm with Richard on this one. Along with my LeMans, I have a Kawasaki Z1000 in my garage. They really are apples and oranges, and I really enjoy having the choice whenever I go riding. A Japanese sport bike (or so-called Hooligan bike in the case of my Z) feels more nimble and certainly quicker than does the Guzzi, and I appreciate it for that. But when I'm riding the Guzzi, it's long legs, thoaty sound and great looks make up for less turning quickness and relative lack of horsepower. I think the RC51 is a great garage-mate for the Guzzi for the same reasons. I personally always enjoyed having one character-laden Italian motorcycle in my garage along with a Japanese rice rocket just for the diversity. BTW, Enzo, I think your Guzzi looks bitchin'.

Thank you, gentlemen. I am always frank and open-minded. I never said I disliked Guzzi. Sometimes I'm frustrated with the company drama and marketing. But in fact, I believe that whatever motorbike you own, you ought to have a Lemans in the garage. If I can think of a way I can make my Sport a bit more comfortable as an all-day bike, I won't sell it. Of course, the Lemans already comes this way - with distance in mind. I love the power I'm getting out of the Cobra. Maybe if I put on a Magni fairing and figured out something to smooth the suspension.....I'd finally be happy with both bikes.