Racing-Triumph vs Guzzi vs Ducati

orangeokie

...This is all about cafe racers, and Guzzi only makes standards now...

Yeah, Piaggio have Aprilia so who needs fast Guzzis? well apart from us few...

Guzzi club meet, a bloke was asking about the Ti cans - I mentioned improved ground clearance - this other bloke listening says Doesn't sound like a Guzzi owner so he asks me a couple questions, then inspects me tyres, mumbles something into his beard & moves on...

For me one of the great things about Guzzis is they confound peoples expectations - every time: They do handle, They do brake & to some extent they do move...V11's, Brevas, Calis, all.

There's a sports bike to be had out of the Breva (well, sports in the Guzzi sense). 2 valve MGS01 would be real world fine for most people - trouble is doesn't hold up in the spec sheets/pub brag ( :o ye wha?! a 1100 sports bike wi 80HP! - fact that you can actually use every one of those 80 rather than totter round on 150hp potential nervous on half throttle max til you get to the next cafe car park to change underpants doesn't count).

Guzzi have got a great racing tradition. You can never take that away. Thing is Piaggio doesn't need a Guzzi racer/sportsbike. In fact from what they say they don't really need Guzzi...tho judging by the thorough design & quality making of Breva someone's putting some effort in at the old company...but it's only reality that with the 2 valve motor you're never gonna match output figures of other sports bikes...& it's printed figures that count...so you aim it where it fits....

...but then there is the Boxer Cup...so maybe....

KB :sun: