GarageMahalo Party Pics

Bill Hagan

Bill & Kathi Hagan invite you to join them in an Italian festival of gratitude and celebration, from noon ‘til 4 p.m., on Saturday, 17 September 2005, at the GarageMahalo, 785 Edgewood Avenue, NE, (Inman Park), Atlanta, Georgia 30307 USA.

Please reply before 10 September.

[Note: Special parking provided for Italian two- and four-wheeled vehicles]

The BLUF is I need to know who is/might be coming so we can prepare properly, i.e., it’s dangerous to run out of beer and it’s expensive to have more food leftover than one can freeze (and, anyway, I don’t fancy eating leftover sausage and polenta until 2007! ).

Seriously, I would be grateful if those of you who are interested would let me know here or by email if you will be coming. This isn't binding, but the closest I can get to a count, the better this will be.

This should be a fun event with only Italian food and beverages. Planning to grill sausage and polenta and possibly, have some mini-panini, with Peroni beer, Italian wine TBD, soda (some issues here), and San Pelligrino H2O.

Guzzis will, of course, get preferential parking!

Hope to see many of you there. If not, count on many pics here.

For those who remain mystified about the fuss, see, e.g., http://wildguzzi.com/discussion/viewtopic....ght=motorimessa

Bill

404.808.8486 (mobile)

P.S. Yes, I've changed the name (yet) again. "Garage Mahal" was used all over the place. "Motorimessa" was unpronounceable and unspellable. "GarageMahalo" sounds Italian (but isn't), and blends the idea of "garage" with the Hawaiian "Mahalo," i.e. "Thank you." We lived in Hawaii for 3 years and grateful is exactly how I feel about this garage and my Guzzis and life in general.

• 5 weeks later...

Just a last bump and reminder.

Hope to see some of this forum's readers there, tho I haven't heard from any directly.

Is looking to be a great time. Quite a few local and out-of-town Guzzis, Ducatis, at least one Futura, and other Euros, plus a stray HD or two will be parked out front. Lots of Italian food, wine, beer, etc. I'll post some photos next week.

I wish I could go, Bill.  Have a great opening, and many dry, warm evenings to come! :bier:

60281[/snapback]

It was fine; very fine.

LeMans.com regular Bshpilot (Don Rumsey) was a star. Rode in from Houston (c.800 miles) in a day, then--seeing we were not going to pull it off without help--rolled up his sleeves and turned defeat into victory. All the pics with beer in his hand are hard to explain, because everytime I saw him, he was working! :bier: I am serious, tho; Don and a few other LD Guzzisti guests were great help and made the event a success ... and fun. Oh, yes. On the morning after the long night before, Don was wheels up at 0530 ... headed to northern Virginia. :notworthy:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=9wgryy...0b&x=0&y=m1dxwb

Guest bshpilot

Bill thanks, the party was great & my day between rides was

perfect...

for those wondering....Friday consisted of 855mi in 14hrs (including

all stops...mostly splash & dash/visor cleanings...longer stops

included no more than a pack of crackers and a sport drink)

the ride yesterday (sunday) was better than i could have

hoped for...ive never seen traffic in virginia run so quickly...

'specially in a state that is notorious for their revenue collection

by speeding tickets

600mi in right about 9.5hrs, which included aabout a 40min

stop at JR's Cigars in North Carolina

the only problem i had was i lost a rear turn signal lens/cover...

weird i know...'til you consider it wasnt a guzzi part...rather i had

installed the SMOKED LENS COVERS from HARLEY DAVIDSON/BUELL...

proof positive HD/BUELL is JUNK !?! ;)

Bill, you have to register before you can view...

60700[/snapback]

Jaap,

Try again.

While it does "offer" that option to encourage, I think, registration, I specifically nonselected "require your friends to register" option. :angry:

So, just try lighting up the album first pic (guys putting up pavilion) which should display on left.

Let me know if still a no go, but I tried that just now and it worked from here.

Bill

Bill, you have to register before you can view...

60700[/snapback]

Just click on the picture and takes you in.

Bill looks great. I enjoyed your accounts on Wildguzzi of the trials and tribulations.

Was just to far for me to go.

and Don :notworthy: impressive distances, hope it wasn't just slab work, that becomes tedious. See people it is worth getting up in the middle of the night to set off you can get in an easy 150 miles before breakfast.

Guest bshpilot
hope it wasn't just slab work, that becomes tedious. See people it is worth getting up in the middle of the night to set off you can get in an easy 150 miles before breakfast.

60706[/snapback]

yeah it was unfortunately all super slab...its the only way

to knock out 1500mi in a day