cracked intake boots

bigbikerrick

Hi

I dont think this is a problem with mg. I recently bought a new set of intake rubbers for my cb750 and i will some time in the future get a set for the guzzi. Rubber cracks/perishs and if you live in sunnier climes and the rubber is exposed to it well its going to go. How it happens in this driech place i will never know. :2c::mg:

I'm going to need a pair myself. This must be a common problem. I'd hate to put oem parts on my bike that are no better than the junk I'm replacing. Maybe a dealer is reading this thread & can post a link to the right replacement part.

58781[/snapback]

Maybe someone will post the "automotive radiator hose conversion" I think a radiator hose that fits both diameters well( i think the 2 are different) will last much better than the oem.

Hi

I dont think this is a problem with mg. I recently bought a new set of intake rubbers for my cb750 and i will some time in the future get a set for the guzzi. Rubber cracks/perishs and if you live in sunnier climes and the rubber is exposed to it well its going to go. How it happens in this driech place i will never know. :2c:  :mg:

58787[/snapback]

What year is your cb 750? My V 11 is a 2003 with only 3500 miles, always garaged, never left out in the sun.

my cb is a76 but i changed them purely for looks as they looked rubbish. the cracks had not went right through ( i should have only changed the outer two cos i am tight) but i bet your bike has seen more sunshine than mine (even in its Garage). :bier::drink:

my cb is a76 but i changed them purely for looks as they looked rubbish. the cracks had not went right through ( i should have only changed the outer two cos i am tight) but i bet your bike has seen more sunshine than mine (even in its Garage). :bier:  :drink:

58793[/snapback]

Here in Arizona, 340 days a year of sunshine!! HeHeHe... :bike:

Mine are not TOO badly cracked - even here in sunny SoCal, although my bikes are in the garage when not being used. I did have one of the boots disconnect slightly some time back, though, and the bike ran like shite, as you can imagine. So having a spare pair around is probably a great idea, but I too would be very interested in knowing a proper automotive replacement part as $70 for a pair of rubber boots seems a bit excessive to me. Someone's making Way too much money <_>

Do you mean these rubber parts

http://www.tlm.nl/magazijn/webshop/detail.html?aid=13804

59352[/snapback]

I think that goes between the throttle body and airbox.

I think people are talking about the one that goes between the engine and throttle body....but both could wear and crack.

The engine side rubber manifold piece is 01 11 43 00

As opposed to the airbox side piece 01 11 45 00

If it is that cheap, it may be a good idea to replace all four at the same time.

I replaced mine at about 4K miles too, and now at 9.5K without a problem, although has been running a little rough...hmmmm. :luigi: