Rossi to drive for Ferrari F1 team?

Bbennett

If it's true, it has to end sometime. I wish him the best. :thumbsup:

What else does he have to achieve. He's won every GP title, he went from Honda to Yamaha. Totaly blowing away the very bike that he dominated on the year before. Sete (sp) always complained that he didn't have the same bike that Rossi had :doh: and now Rossi in on a "inferior" ride and still can't be beat!!!!!!

It will be sad to see him go, it's just another challange for probably one of the most throughly talanted driver we will ever see no matter what he chooses to drive.

It could be worse, he could have chosen NA$$CAR !!!! :vomit: (Whoh, that sacred the shit out of me!) :o

For now it's just a rumor, time will tell.

For years, Ferrari had a no Italian drivers policy. I guess now that Enzo is gone, they might change that for Rossi. He had better be very, very good, though, as I do not believe they will hire him just for the PR value. Those people are serious as death about F1. Soccer is the number 1 sport in Italy, but only because F1 counts as a religion and not a sport...

I read somewhere that he is a huge rally car fan. Maybe we will see him in a Skoda? If he can win in that thing, he will really reach god-like status.

fish

you know what?...I hope he does

god knows F1 needs some new blood infusion ...

Rossi's done more than his share in moto GP, he's going for the money, can you blame him?

I mean, c'mon... by now, his nickname is "the waiter"...

guess why...

166581.jpg

btw, Sete's his bitch :lol:

Sir John Surtees made the switch to Formula 1 at 26 years of age...about how old Rossi is now.

Rossi can't wait too long if he wants to join Surtees as the only motorcycle and auto world champion.

Vale already has his licence as Ferrai test driver and has been tested the car(s) a few times already and apparently he's not bad AT ALL :)

i think he'll make the move, i think that's the thing to do, and he'll be very fast there too...

Guest Nogbad
Well hopefully he will have a decent car around him. If Schumacher can't win in the car Rossi won't stand a chance.  :2c:

59039[/snapback]

He'll probably keep diving up the inside and knocking everyone else off the track... :2c:

I dunno , stuf like these were also said about Biaggi back in '98, As I have read an interview there is much risk for a so big team such as Ferrari or McLaren to give a cockpit to a not experienced driver in Formula1.Rossi had tested in Fiorano a fast red achieving a 2-2.5 secs slower time than Schumacher.I guess that's pretty good but seems not enough.

Listers,

Like it or not, being at the top of the food chain in Moto GP has to take its toll. I can imagine Vale wants to go out on top. The great ones know when that time is and get while the getting is good.

If memory serves me correctly, King Kenny gave F1 a shot after his retirement. I don't think he ever actually raced though. Probably learned what he needed to know in practice and gave the idea up.

Rossi is a joy to watch and I look forward to the remainder of this season and next, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he hung up his leathers completely after that.

If he does make the jump to F1, guess I'll have to start following that again.

Bill in Eureka

• 1 month later...

Ahhh, it's nice to see the sense of humour is still alive and well in the country with the worlds best beer!

Apparently Rossi has been promised Schuey's seat if he leaves in '07. And yes his secret love is rallying, and given the way f1 has gone in the last 5 years, I don't blame him. The F1 move would be a shame because I think his talent,( and probably his personality) would get camoflaged behind all the bullshit that comes with the series. Not least of this is that you need about a 20 bhp difference just to be able to pass out on a straight nowadays(barring a mistake), due to the tail aerodynamics on the cars.

F1 needs a serious shake up in lots of ways to get more popular again, and rossi's possible move would be only one of, say, 100.

200 maybe?

Personally I'd love to see him move to Ducati, and try do the impossible again, but I've heard nobody mention the possibility.

Personally I'd love to see him move to Ducati, and try do the impossible again, but I've heard nobody mention the possibility.

someone i know and quite close to the Bologna factory told me rossi is expected to ride the Ducati in 2007 but, let's be honest, there are soooo many rumours right now...

• 1 month later...