headlamp question

bigbikerrick

I changed the stock h4 bulb with a Lockhart Phillips racing ion yellow bulb. I was looking for the yellow tinged headlight look so cars would notice it more in traffic( keep cagers from turning left in front of me) I put the same bulb in my cbr 600 with dramatic results, very yellow from straight on, with a bluish/purple hue when viewed from an angle, and excellent road illumination at night. on the V 11, its much more subdued. My question is can that round "reflector" /deflector in f ront of the bulb be removed? whats its purpose? Thanks ! :mg:

Please don't interpret this in a negative way, but a vast majority of LP products really are of low quality.... "bling for the masses". This is often especially true of their various lighting options(from personal experience).

If you are interested in noticeably better lighting, I would recommend investigating rewiring the power supply to the headlight as discussed a few times here(search headlight or similar), or look at bulbs from mainstream manufacturers.

Good luck with your selection though :thumbsup:

al

Please don't interpret this in a negative way, but a vast majority of LP products really are of low quality.... "bling for the masses".  This is often especially true of their various lighting options(from personal experience).

If you are interested in noticeably better lighting, I would recommend investigating rewiring the power supply to the headlight as discussed a few times here(search headlight or similar), or look at bulbs from mainstream manufacturers.

Good luck with your selection though  :thumbsup:

al

59593[/snapback]

I would second that, rewired the last guzzi light with dramatic results. In standard format it was losing 1.5v through the system

Please don't interpret this in a negative way, but a vast majority of LP products really are of low quality.... "bling for the masses".  This is often especially true of their various lighting options(from personal experience).

Good luck with your selection though  :thumbsup:

al

59593[/snapback]

Thank you Sir, I will search here I guess its all about wiring it directly with a relay