Throttlemeister anyone???

Guest anawrocki

Guest anawrocki

I am conidering buying the heavy set but before I plunk down the $150 I was wondering if anyone else here has them and what they think of them. How well do they work and are they worth it?

Guest ratchethack

I've had the heavy 14-oz. T'meisters on for the entire 15K mi. I've owned my Sport (weights only, not throttle control). I've never had any irritation at the bars from vibration and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them highly. The only complaint I've had is pretty minor - from time to time I have to work the grip on the throttle side back up the bar 'cause it tends to creep down over a long period of time and hang up against the bar-end. Not much of a bother, though... :sun:

I have the heavy Throttlemeister on my Rosso and I had the same unit on two of my other bikes. The extra weight dampens vibration but in my opinion they are hard to work while riding. Recently I went on a 1600 mile trip and didn't use it once. In my hands I have to roll off the throttle to set it which isn't really great at 70-80 MPH.

The quality is top notch and the few times that I use it are OK but there must be cheaper, easier-to-use systems out there. :2c:

I have had the 14 ouncers on my 04 Lemans for about 2 months now. At first I was a little dissapointed. I expected them to calm the vibration a little more than they actually do. But, I must say that my hands have not fallen asleep since I installed them. So, they are certainly doing their job. I really like the cruise control. Its' so great to finally find much needed relief for my right hand. You can precisely control the tension from a little to a lot. You can apply just enough tension to make it easyier on your wrist but not so tight that you can't still work the throttle and front brake fairly well. When you need to you can lock it in tight and just groove on the scenery. It never gets so tight that you can't back it off. You do have to fiddle with it a bit to maintain constant speeds (hills, traffic, etc.). They are not perfect but neither is my Guzzi. They are definately a worthwhile improvement. I can ride longer now. Now I just need a better seat. I bought mine from Ibike.com for $139.00 shipped.

Rocketman

I am conidering buying the heavy set but before I plunk down the $150 I was wondering if anyone else here has them and what they think of them. How well do they work and are they worth it?

59603[/snapback]

Here's another alternative I'm going to put on my new Rosso. They weigh a little over 8 ounces. I had them on my aprilia. Since the MG is mostly aprilia controls, these should fit perfectly, and the folks at AF1 are great to work with.

I am looking for the throttle lock feature more then then anything.

59744[/snapback]

Well, there are certainly other alternatives that depending on taste, one might consider.

Some like the "throttle rocker" are only about $10 on eBay or your local shop.

But I had what I believe were one of the first installations of the heavy TM(as they had no idea what to sell me :P ), and have loved them ever since.

They work relatively well as a "cruise control" although they do take some getting used to. But they are exceptionally well made, and I recommend them.

al

• 2 weeks later...
Guest anawrocki

Thanks for the recomendations everyone. Ordered up a set and installed last night. The folks at Throttlemeister were an absolute pleasure to deal with and these things are slick. I would say bar buzz has been at least cut in half and the throtle lock is the smoothest, most precise, and easiest I have ever used. I don't think it could be improved on except for electonic cruise control.

I plan on wandering the midwestern US for 4 days this weekend so I am looking forward to this on the freeways.

Guest bshpilot

I've got one on my TBR clip-ons...and i can tell you during this past weekends

1500mi RIDE it was a GOD SEND....i combined it w/ a small version of a

"throttle rocker" (which i thought was a cheezy POS)...

they were BOTH work their weight in cash (and both are avail. thru

mph) ! not once did i suffer hand cramps or "tingly" anything....and that

included the longer 850mi/16hr ride.

Guest bshpilot
What Throttle Master size/model did you get to work with the TBR clip ons?

60848[/snapback]

it had to be customed/machined down by the guys at MPH, nothing

Standard will fit...

post-1149-1127274770_thumb.jpg

post-1149-1127274786_thumb.jpg