Replacement Headlight (crash)

Guest toutizes

If you are talking about that reflector thingy that sits directly in front of the headlight bulb, MGNA replaced mine under warranty when it broke.

Mine broke too, but I didn't replace it. It just was mounted for esthetic reasons (?) The lightbulb also has an internal reflector.

If you are talking about that reflector thingy that sits directly in front of the headlight bulb, MGNA replaced mine under warranty when it broke.

My dealer tells me that mine was not the first one that they had changed.

Seems to be a recurrent failure on the V11 Le Mans series.

Anybody out there with a V11 Sport had one fail yet?

-jp

Mine was a sport and it broke. Dealer will replace it under warranty. He said he had seen a few as well.

Cheers,

Jason

Guest toutizes

This could mean that mine was broken *before* the crahs and I shoudl try to get one under warranty :)

However Joshi at Moto Guzzi Classics (the recommended restorer earlier on the thread) says that the $25 Bosh piece would fit. It's about 10x cheaper than the MG original replacement, way to go Joshi!!

Thanks for the great recommendation!

Matthieu

Guest jeremy

I think they all seem to break, I just pulled the reflector out of my centauro, you may just want to do that because my headlight seems to work better without it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!: Maybe they planned it that way :mg:

:bier:

The headlight on my V11S seems to be identical to the headlight on my Ducati Monster. Not sure how much Ducati sells the part for, but you might want to look into that.

Guest toutizes

However Joshi at Moto Guzzi Classics (the recommended restorer earlier on the thread) says that the $25 Bosh piece would fit.  

There was a misunderstanding with Joshi and the $25 part is the *glass* not the reflector. The reflectors can't seem to be available separately and you have to get the whole assembly for...$250.

I think I'm going to go without it then as other posters seem to say it does not make a difference

Matthieu

I may have misunderstood the original post. When you say "reflector", I think of the entire back of the bucket with the mirror coating on it. If you are referring to the little doo-dad that actually sits in front of the bulb, I would consider that more of a "shroud".

I lost my "shroud" thing last summer in my crash. I pulled it out and tossed it in the trash and haven't looked back. The only down-side I can see of not having it is that there are strange light patterns now visible on the edges of my beam. Trivial, IMHO.

and like loud pipes saving lives, bright headlights do too! B)

Are you sure about those prices?

The Headlamp consists of a glass face, a mirrored reflector, a shroud or whatever you call it, a bulb, some spring clips, a chrome bezel, and a black metal shell that connects to the headlight brackets.

I imagine it might be $250 for the entire lamp assembly but NOT for just the glass face, mirrored reflector, and shroud unit. That SHOULD be about $20-$50.

Perhaps check out your nearest BMW motorcycle dealer, and bring the part in that you need.