Breva weirdness

Tim

Friend of mine (admittedly a Laverda rider) claims that to change the Breva's air filter requires the removal of a cylinder....

61554[/snapback]

Hmm. My '85 LeMans supposedly required dropping the right-side carburetor to replace the air filter. I replaced it once, not knowing this, and disassembled half the damn bike, I think, in the process referring to the designers by every Italian ethnic slur I could remember. Some of the neighbor kids probably learned some new and exciting words that day.

Could changing the Breva's filter possibly require moving something that doesn't seem logical?

I recognize this picture. It is for an engine for a ship being built in Japan. Touted as the largest diesel ever made.

61632[/snapback]

That's a real engine? :!: :huh: I thought it was just a really good Photoshop job!

Wow. :notworthy:

Hmm.  My '85 LeMans supposedly required dropping the right-side carburetor to replace the air filter.  I replaced it once, not knowing this, and disassembled half the damn bike, I think, in the process referring to the designers by every Italian ethnic slur I could remember.  Some of the neighbor kids probably learned some new and exciting words that day.

Could changing the Breva's filter possibly require moving something that doesn't seem logical?

61657[/snapback]

Surely not,it's a Moto Guzzi after all :rolleyes:

That's funny, Laverda owners don't usually think so illogically. ...

61600[/snapback]

Who knows. I know a Laverda enthusiast who once thought that there should be some filter element on the open Dell'Ortos. So he strapped an old nylon of his girlfriend over the intake. After the testride the filter somehow had vanished.

Hubert

nylon of his girlfriend over the intake. After the testride the filter somehow had vanished.

61738[/snapback]

Probably the girlfriend too. :huh: