MyECU installed on my 2003 V11

F344

(BTW, see the latest Futura map here. It's a bit smoother looking than the last)

63238[/snapback]

Very interesting.

The CO is much more consistent in the final run than with the 790412 map runs.

What might the results be if you set the CO at a straight median of say 4.1 or whatever the median or average is from the final run?

Obviously it would not make as much power, but would the bike be more in danger of carbon build-up and or burnt valves?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very interesting.

The CO is much more consistent in the final run than with the 790412 map runs.

What might the results be if you set the CO at a straight median of say 4.1 or whatever the median or average is from the final run?

Obviously it would not make as much power, but would the bike be more in danger of carbon build-up and or burnt valves?

The average CO was 4.31%, and it would have been perfectly safe to tune to within ± ~1 percentage point of this number without any fear of carbon buildup or burnt valves whatsoever. In terms of HP, you might loose .5 to 1% per cylinder by being off by 1 to 1.5 percentage points of CO from ideal. (bear in mind that they may not want the same thing and therefore not be off by the same amount or in the same direction). This is what I've been trying to say all along: That CO is much more reliable as a target than O2 and that if you want to use gas targets, CO is the one to use.

Regards,

Derek

banner_motolab_general.gif

Anyone for carbs and points? :(
You still need to tune jetting and ignition advance with carbs and points. The discussion of O2 sensor vs. 4-gas EGA is just as relevant to this as it is to tuning electronic ignition and FI.

Regards,

Derek

banner_motolab_general.gif

• 4 months later...
Guest bmonnig

Good lord this got mind-numbing in a hurry.

Here's my take, as someone who is above-average mechanically gifted:

1) My Sporti runs like crap in the way Cliff describes (3-4k hiccup, dies at idle, rough, etc).

2) I want it to run smoother, better, no hiccups, and not die at idle / stoplights.

3) Lots of people say Cliff's My16M is JUST the ticket for this.

4) If it works, I don't really care why. I'm after the results, not the methodology. If I don't have to chase down a fix myself, but rather just BUY the fix via Cliff...that suits my lazy self just fine.

Just my thoughts, upon resurrecting a long-dead thread.

There are simpler, but less versatile solutions, like simply re-chipping with something like a Creedon chip.

The advantage of the MY16M is the adapability to any set of modifications or state of engine running(sorry, bad grammar), but it is more complicated than installing a chip.

Some of you may recall I had my cans cut down and mounted under my bike. (See attached photo) Ever since I did this I’ve been meaning to get one of Cliff Jefferies’ MyECUs. 

A few weeks ago I fried my stock ECU doing something stupid… never mind it is a long and embarrassing story.  But this gave me a perfect excuse to send for Cliff’s programmable one.

He quickly whipped one up for me and an Optimiser too, and I just had my first ride.

My Bike is a 2003 and it has always had a loping uneven idle that left you feeling like you weren't really sure the engine would be there when you gave it throttle.  Now It feels like a Swiss watch.  Very immediate and responsive.  Not just at idle but throughout the throttle range the response is several orders of magnitude crisper, and snappy.  It feels as though I have an entirely new bike!

We are so lucky to have guys like Cliff.

Thanks Cliff!

motoguzzi_muffler_018.jpg

Frank

http://www.jefferies-au.org/MyECU/index.htm

61601[/snapback]

Frank, I like the look of the short cans mounted under the bike, can you advise how you did it? are they stock,or aftermarket cans? I would like to set mine up that way, any info /pics you can provide will be much appreciated, Thanks, Rick :mg:

Frank, I like the look of the short cans mounted under the bike, can you advise how you did it? are they stock,or aftermarket cans? I would like to set mine up that way, any info /pics you can provide will be much appreciated, Thanks, Rick :mg:

79373[/snapback]

Frank hasn't posted since October, so you might want to private message him.

I visited him and his bike shortly after he put the short cans on.

The bike sounded awesome.

He had a welder/machinist buddy of his named Enzo (not to be confused with our CaptainNemo/Enzo) make them out of his OEM Guzzi/LaFranconi cans.

Some people thought the set up should have a crossover, but I suspect it is free flowing enough not to need a crossover, but the trade off is that it is pretty loud...not harley loud, but about as loud as I have heard any Guzzi.

The other trade off is that it probably needs fuel tuning/mapping more than a pair of standard slip-ons as it is MORE different.

I suspect that is why he was very happy with Cliff's MY15M.

Still if he had MotoLab tune it, he would be even happier with it!

I am pretty sure Derek would be open to tuning with Cliff's software.

Frank hasn't posted since October, so you might want to private message him.

I visited him and his bike shortly after he put the short cans on.

The bike sounded awesome.

He had a welder/machinist buddy of his named Enzo (not to be confused with our CaptainNemo/Enzo) make them out of his OEM Guzzi/LaFranconi cans.

Some people thought the set up should have a crossover, but I suspect it is free flowing enough not to need a crossover, but the trade off is that it is pretty loud...not harley loud, but about as loud as I have heard any Guzzi.

The other trade off is that it probably needs fuel tuning/mapping more than a pair of standard slip-ons as it is MORE different.

I suspect that is why he was very happy with Cliff's MY15M.

Still if he had MotoLab tune it, he would be even happier with it!

I am pretty sure Derek would be open to tuning with Cliff's software.

79416[/snapback]

Thanks Dlang, I currently have the MG ti system/ECU on mine and it runs awesome, I just thought that I could use the stock cans I have in the shop gathering dust to cobble up an exaust system like franks, and switch them back and forth .,using the ti ecu, but what you mention about the mapping would probably make the bike run shitty with the shorty cans. Ive got to keep remembering what my wife is always telling me...." If it isnt boken, dont fix it" Thanks, Rick(the perpetual tinkerer)