Help with Factory Bags Installation

Guest fswan

My wife was just in Italy and bought the factory bags for my V11 Rosso Corsa

The problem is that my bike has the Titanium exaust installed and the brackets don't line-up. They did not provide any instructions. Does anybody has instructions or suggestions. Thanks

swan71 <at> verizon.net

Edited by Admin Jaap

Guest ckamin

It was my understanding that the factory titanium exhaust rides higher than most aftermarket exhausts and, therefore, the factory Tekno bags/brackets wouldn't work.......

-Carl

Were the cans already installed? Because to fit them you do have to change the original hangers. The new ones are a bit of a bodge, with an adapter plate. I have Guzzi's small tail rack and as far as I remember, if I now want to use it with the higher level cans and brackets, it's not just a straight fit anymore. However it's probably easy enough to adapt.

The other problem may be that the pipes are too high for the bags? If so, a solution could be to just use the original brackets/hangers. This will lower the pipes so that there's room for the bags and also means that the rack fitment is straightforward again.

My wife was just in Italy and bought the factory bags for my V11 Rosso Corsa

The problem is that my bike has the Titanium exaust installed and the brackets don't line-up. They did not provide any instructions. Does anybody has instructions or suggestions. Thanks

swan71 verizon.net

61865[/snapback]

Here's my solution . . . send me your Ti cans and brackets, and I'll send you my factory cans and brackets. See, then you can mount your bags and we'll both be happy. I'll even pay for shipping! :bier:

The Teckno bags will work with the Guzzi Ti mufflers using the standard stock hangers that come with the bike. The bags will not work with the shorter hangers that come with the Ti cans. My Lemans has both the Guzzi Ti cans and the Teckno bags installed. No problems.

Joe