No lights, cry, CRY!

Guest jedione68

Guest jedione68

Hello Guzzi's,

"All the light's worked, check on last time, still work so I put every thing

back together and ... and no rear running light, no turn signals. Ahh."

A Quick Break Down:

I lost one of my tail lights / turn signals the other day coming home

on the freeway... hope every one behind me's O.K.

And just so you know, I had/have my bike set up where the two turn signals work as running lights, breaklights and turn signals, cleans up the back end (or at least

I like it).

So I get the parts I need, FAB. a new bracket to hold every thing. Redue some

of my wiring, give her a try, and... Yeah. All works. Running lights. Stop lights. And Turn signals Lt/Rt working.

Now I'm excited. I make everything look clean and taped ect. STILL WORKS.

So I tuck everthing in, zipp tie, put my power-commander back in place and READY to put the seat back on. One more test... "What the %$#TJ^URRTY$$@^ happened!!!"

No running lights, no turn signals (front or back), only my BREAK-LIGHT

is working (when ya of course pull your break lever) and my Head-light Low/High still works. Now this makes no sense. Checked all the fuse, all fine, even changed them, convinced they where broken even if they wheren't.

Tested the "Flasher" relay for the signals, she checked out O.K. All the wires that I had put together in the first place are still connected and RE-TAPPED again.

Can't figure this one out.

Any idea's out there?

Is there a RELAY that can/could go bad? Is it a servo?

Bike starts and runs fine, have head light, horn, and break-lights. HELP???

NOTE: A couple of times, while thinking of how to fix her the running lights kind

of glowed (like came on part way) and also a few times after I'd release the break the lights would stay-on for a few seconds.

Look forward to one and all ideas. Going to the Rally at the end of the month, tail

light or flashlight in tow.

Peace and thanks,

David

My guess is that the seatpan touched one of the relays. Try switching them back and forth without seat on and see if your lights work. If that's the case get a dremel tool and file some seatpan material away. Should do the trick.