V11 Scura R

Murray

Visited the orfical factory site along with some neat pic's of the musem and a complete rebuild of the site the V11 Scrua R is listed as a production model. Anyone with closer links to distributors/factory have any comment?

67 Kw single plug head as best I can tell.

Bugger doesn't look like any made it here, not that I'm too serious yet thinking about trying to find a Sifida four valve Magni apprently a lot ended up in the land of the rising sun. Which is not too far from here. If I succed you hear a lot more of me how did you make yours go faster type questions.

If I succed you hear a lot more of me how did you make yours go faster type questions.

if you have money left after buying a sfida:-)

But serious, I don't think a sfida is a beter guzzi than a guzzi. Ok more special& expensive, but that counts for collectors, like japanese. Any 4V big block guzzi is pretty special.

Guest jim fordham

hi new to the forum

I was lucky to take delivery of a scura R back in june . It is by far the best guzzi ive ridden i love it . could do with some tips on suspension settings as the bike feels out of balance when pushed hard . The front forks seem to be missing the alan key adjustment in the centre which is shown in the hand book (book of lies).

Only fault found , Good old guzzi dust under the paint on the tank. they want the tank sent back before they will replace it .

The word is they only built 20 of the type R , 4 of which are in the uk is this true?

Love the site top marks

jim :mg:

hi new to the forum

I was lucky to take delivery of a scura R back in june . It is by far the best guzzi ive ridden i love it . could do with some tips on suspension settings as the bike feels out of balance when pushed hard . The front forks seem to be missing the alan key adjustment in the centre which is shown in the hand book (book of lies).

Only fault found , Good old guzzi dust under the paint on the tank. they want the tank sent back before they will replace it .

The word is they only built 20 of the type R , 4 of which are in the uk is this true?

Love the site top marks

jim :mg:

62947[/snapback]

Hi JIm

Congradulations on your purchase,I don't know how many of the R's they made.However I have a Scura and a Rosso Corsa both of which have exactly the same forks as far as adjustments are concerned.The large blue nut on the top of your forks adjusts spring preload in the center of that same nut should be a dampening adjustment the other danpening adustment should be located on the rear side of your forks just behind the axle. Hope this helps.

Tim

Hi Jim ,I think i met you at v-twin rally. I am the one on the cafe,sport.

Try my settings (ohlins) REBOUND (allen screw on both fork leg bottoms)

8 clicks from fully closed position.

COMPRESSION (allen screw on top plugs)

8 clicks from fully closed.

spring pre-load nuts 2 turns from fully closed.

ohlins rear rebound 10 clicks from fully closed.

COMPRESSION (adjuster B ) 8 clickes from fully closed.

Hope this helps, see you at the next v-twin rally.

steve de,bidaph

Guest jim fordham
Hi Jim ,I think i met you at v-twin rally. I am the one on the cafe,sport.

Try my settings (ohlins)  REBOUND (allen screw on both fork leg bottoms)

8 clicks from fully closed position.

COMPRESSION (allen screw on top plugs)

8 clicks from fully closed.

spring pre-load nuts 2 turns from fully closed.

ohlins rear rebound 10 clicks from fully closed.

COMPRESSION  (adjuster B )  8 clickes from fully closed.

Hope this helps, see you at the next v-twin rally.

steve de,bidaph

63056[/snapback]

hi steve

Yes it was me at the v twin. Thanks for the settings will give them a go and let you know how i get on.

I ve got a set of guzzi pipes and cdi . spot on power great mid range

jim