Moto Guzzi Sales Figures

GuzzTim

October 7, 2005

Italy - Piaggio executives say the company's Moto Guzzi brand sold 4,550 motorcycles during the eight-month period from January through August, up from the 4,000 motorcycles retailed during the same period in 2004. However, sales in Italy accounted for 2,200 units.

Company officials talked with reporters during the launch of the new Griso 1100 in Milan.

"Our objective was selling 5,000 units in 2005 but now we think that we could sell as many as 6,000,� said Moto Guzzi CEO Daniele Bandiera. He said he expects the Griso to further increase brand awareness boosted by the company's Breva.

Part �naked� bike and part cruiser, the shaft-driven Griso 1100 is powered by a V-twin. To be made available in black, red, yellow and blue, the bike is scheduled to be available in Europe in October at a cost of Euro 11,990 (approximately $14,700).

Well, it is interesting to note that nearly half went to the domestic market.

It would be even more interesting if we had a country by country breakdown.

I would expect the US & Germany to both take a fairly high percentage too.

Nige. B)

Just looked at the list of exhibitors for the NEC show in a few weeks- no Moto Guzzi presence from the look of it apart from the MGCGB which will be flying the Guzzi flag as usual.

I hope they make a late entry cos with the new Breva 1100 and Griso actually for sale they have an opportunity to actually sell some bikes.

Becuase the Milan show is afterwards I guess we will miss seeing any new models too. :angry:

Guy :helmet:

Its mg,s loss if they dont exhibit at the nec show, was thinking of going just to see the griso but  a waste of time if it isnt on show. :bbblll:

Gary

63174[/snapback]

Perhaps they might be in the corner on the Piaggio Stand? I'm going on Monday the 31st. Will of course advise if any can be found.

when is the NEC show?  i'm in carmarthen, wales for the semester, and i'd love to go if i could make it.

63187[/snapback]

The NEC show is in Birmingham 29th October to 6th November.

Website is down at the moment but it is www.motorcycleshow.co.uk

Watch out for them sheep in Wales!

Guy :helmet:

4,500 units! Harley would call that a rare limited edition model.  :grin:

63232[/snapback]

Actually quite alot of bikes [just kidding]. That is 50% of Laverda's total 3 cylinder 23yr production.

I'd like to know the break down of models, or at least the spine frame/tonti-california percentages.

Ciao, Steve G.