You know what would be really cool...

callison

yup.  but I think belgiancentauro's cafe racer is just about the hottest cool bike I've seen - at least Guzzi wise. 

Rj

63054[/snapback]

Okay, how about a Centauro in the Coppa Italia paint scheme.

63071[/snapback]

Fine, just so long as they do away with the cr@p bodywork that made the Centauro so hideous in the 1st place! ;)

Nothing wrong w/ a Centauro that time, a hammer & some dollies, a welder and a couple sq. meter's of aluminum sheet can't cure... :thumbsup: Kinda like belgiancentauro's solution, now that I think on it!

:grin:

But yes, a Coppa MGS would also be a visual treat, maybe as much as the Coppa Mans is! :food:

:mg:

Have to admit, John O Sullivan had a Centauro at the Erin rally, first time I'd seen one and I thought it looked great.

63345[/snapback]

I used to hanker after the Sport 1100. and to my recollection one year at the NEC show it became apparent it had been dropped from the lineup. I didn't like the naked bike that had replaced it. I'm thinking that it was the Centauro that they had on display not the V11 (but I could be wrong :o ).

I think the Centauro varies in its asthetic appeal dependant on its colour scheme and what fairing and belly pans are fitted. John O'sullivan's is a beauty. (looked for a picture of it - but only got the two allready shown in the Erin thread with either KB or the bride sat on it)

Others vary between hideous and horrific

peepwall1.gif

I think the Centauro varies in its asthetic appeal dependant on its colour scheme and what fairing and belly pans are fitted.

63373[/snapback]

Agree

John O'sullivan's is a beauty.

Others vary between hideous and horrific

63373[/snapback]

I phoned about one a couple of days ago. The green Sport with white stripes. One of the better lookers. Same as J.O'S's, I think.

I was too late. The one I tried for was gone.

John O'sullivan is a beauty.

63373[/snapback]

No he's not

John O'sullivan varies between hideous and horrific

63373[/snapback]

That's more like the fact of it.

looked for  a picture of it - but only got the two allready shown in the Erin thread

63373[/snapback]

I've got some photos. I'm sure you know where to find them.

A funny story: I asked John what year his was. Anything that I have read says that the Sport was launched in 1998. The one I saw was advertised as 1997. John's is apparently recorded as a 1997, but it says 1996 on the headstock (and they weren't launched until 1998!)

:huh2::luigi::huh::lol::unsure::helmet:;)

:whistle:

especially :huh2:

It's not surprising the springs are all mixed up

An MGS02 (whatever) with a Coppa Italia paint scheme.

63051[/snapback]

63071[/snapback]

How about both. I'm getting some extra bodywork for both bikes and may just play around a bit this winter. I have not decided on a colour scheme yet so I may keep this post in mind!!!

Like the Breva, the Centauro has bodywork that is "love it or hate it". They are SO SO rare in Canada, I think Jim must have one of the only ones in this country. Because of this rarity, I like them.

The MGS has styling that is more universal, more run of the mill, I think because it is/was made as a track race bike of sorts. The pure red color is very nice, and I think putting a multi color scheme would be over the top and unneeded. Excepting a single or duel white stripe the length of the machine, just off centre of the top, it is just fine.

I tend to be a one color guy, with the thought that if a bikes styling is up to the standard, multiple colors is a cop out [no pun intended]. A perfect example is the "boy racer" graphics on the modern superbikes these days. Gives me a bloody headache looking at these things.

I think one of the most recent bikes from Moto Guzzi stands a chance of becoming popular to people, the Sport 1100. Lovely styling, currently quite reasonably priced, a bike that does not need graphics to make it pleasing to the eye. I recently spotted a very rare dark blue one. Absolutely gobsmacked! Red and yellow very nice as well. The grey? Well, grey makes me yawn even on a Lamborghini.

Ciao, Steve G.

I think one of the most recent bikes from Moto Guzzi stands a chance of becoming popular to people, the Sport 1100. Lovely styling, currently quite reasonably priced, a bike that does not need graphics to make it pleasing to the eye. I recently spotted a very rare dark blue one. Absolutely gobsmacked! Red and yellow very nice as well. The grey? Well, grey makes me yawn even on a Lamborghini.

Ciao, Steve G.

64242[/snapback]

The blue Sport 1100s were truly beautiful. From what I can determine, the blue was done for a special shipment (32?) to the UK or Australia and by happenstance, about 16 of them landed in the USA. One of them went to New Zealand and was stolen before it ever got delivered - not often you hear of a brand new Guzzi getting heisted... I only wish MG was more in favor of blue paint schemes. Except for the rather rare 1100 Sports, a year of EV's in a two tone blue and now the Griso in Pearly Blue, MG hasn't addressed this corner of the color spectrum very much in a very long time. Never was a grey Sport 1100i and I don't think there was a grey Sport 1100 either. There was a silver Sport 1100 (kind of overwhelms your eyes with all of the aluminum and silver though) and the "Black" Sport 1100i which had a kind of gold speckle in the finish that makes it look really dusty until you get up close. It's really quite pretty - up close. I was going to buy a black one and opted for the red. By God, if you're going to shell out 12 grand for an Italian bike, it had better be red!