Rossi...................GOD

Steve G.

Guy,

Last first: Yup, nothing really matters but Rossi was on the top on the box and Hayden was first loser.

I've read several times one of the most important things is a successful team is a strong leader. Stories of Mick Doohan telling the Honda engineers the new, improved for 1997 part is crap, put the 1995 part back on the bike are legend. I think the focus that comes from having a clear, strong leader in Rossi is another part of Yamaha's success. The Honda people seem to be trying to go in four directions at once. Until a strong leader comes up HRC is at a disadvantage, budget the size the GNP of a small country not withstanding. 

We'll see more on Sunday, will Haden keep inching (25.6 millimeter-ing?) closer? Will Milandri get that tiny improvement he needs? It will be fun to watch.  :grin:

Lex

64089[/snapback]

This next race will be a new one for everyone. No one will have an advantage like Laguna Seca. A brand new track. This last race may indeed tell the tale for next year.

I was at Laguna Seca this year. Everyone I knew there, as well as people around where we were sitting [turn 11] mumbled that it looked as if Rossi was jusr cruising. When he is grinding hard, you can see he has a different riding posture, his helmet is tilted forward more, like he's on attack mode. He was clearly just in cruise mode at Laguna. As mentioned above, in the last laps he gained on Edwards almost instantly, yet Edwards lap times did not drop. He was playing with them.

Sometimes it's good to see Honda HRC get their asses spanked. Their budget is absolutely huge!

Ciao, Steve G.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes it's good to see Honda HRC get their asses spanked. Their budget is absolutely huge!

Ciao, Steve G.

64110[/snapback]

Yes that happened in British Superbikes this year- the full factory HRC Fireblades with a huge budget got thier arses spanked by a private team on 2004 spec Ducatis- he he he he he he he he he!

Guy :helmet:

Does anyone watch these races live on streamlink from MotoGP? I've been watching this way and you learn some things by observing the practice sessions. The Ducati is obviously the fastest bike out there. Checca in practice last week was hitting 333kph while the Hondas with Biaggi and Hayden at about 323. Rossi has one of the slower bikes. Hayden is very inconsistent in practice. He'll run one lap right on pace with Rossi and then one way off. Over and over. Sete, Biaggi and Melandri are much more consistent.

But Hayden has got heart and he is learning very fast. Valentino definitely tried to drop him about three times during the race and couldn't. Hayden is learning what the race looks like at that sort of wild clip. He's got huge potential.

But nobody is Rossi. I believe he gave the race up at Laguna for the American fans. I think he is classy like that. He is the perfect sportsman to me - happy, flamboyant, competitive, clownish, and always there to shake hands and complement his rivals. The tops in every way. No wonder the whole world loves him.

I am touched..!

You really have some brain in there, heven't you?

No joke, you've just said something true. In Italy is Rossi something like god.

Just because he always stays the young guy always was.

Italian sportmen are Cipollini, Rossi and some soccer players.

But Cipollini and Rossi are something specials.

Maybe because they are flamboyant.

Interesting looking at the top speeds from the Moto GP qualifying in Turkey:

Elias Yamaha 302.4 km/h

Tamada Honda 301.8

Checa Ducati 301.8

Rossi Yamaha 301.7

Rolfo Ducati 300.1

Gibernau Honda 300.0

Ito Ducati 299.0

Melandri Honda 298.8

Hayden Honda 298.6

All pretty even really but seems as though the Honda top speed advantage has been eroded- only one in the top 5.

The corners count for more of course but top end grunt is good for passing on the straights as shown by Checa last week.

Guy :helmet:

P.S. I don't think Rossi "gifted" the win at Laguna Seca for any sentimental reasons- I think he knew that Haydon was better there and rode well within his limits to make sure he stayed on the bike with the Championship in mind.

Guzzirider,

I'm with you. Melandri has put out a helluva season. I'm not sure he has cinched second yet, but for consistently riding in the top 4, he has earned my admiration.

Watch for him to move to the Repsol team and a better than ever season next year.

Then there's Loris...and Carlos on their suddenly very fast Ducati's.

It will be very interesting indeed.

Hail Rossi! :drink:

Bill

Don't forget the ever humble but 3 podium placements in a row guy - Nicky Hayden. I had dinner next to him at Laguna Seca and he is a very nice and down to earth fellow. Consistency is a major key to success and he is learning fast. Not really in the same league as Rossi though....

You guys are waiting for the next generation, don’t you?

Kevin Schwanz was the last good American and now you are waiting for somebody who takes it over. Maybe is Hayden well the perfect guy to take the status of Schwanz over.

To be honest, I do not think so. Now don’t shoot me please!

Hayden is a very good rider, but none over classed.

Over classed guy: Federer/tennis; Schumi/F1; Rossi/motoGP; Tiger Woods/golf; etc.

Guys like these does not have only talent, but they can use their talent 100% and they professionalize their talent.

Can Hayden do that?

:2c: NAH..THE MANS A RACER..AND SOMETIMES HE PULLS THE RABBIT OUT A BIT TO LATE, IE MELANDRI..BUT HE WANTS THE RACE! NUMERO UNO.. :rasta:

Something I noticed seeing Rossi at Laguna Seca this year.  The guy's a sandbagger.  Don't take this wrong, but I think he could have won at Laguna Seca.

He's a lot like King Kenny in that he won't just run away from the field even if he could.  He knows the crowds want to see a race.

With Hayden leading and Edwards in second and Rossi way behind (2-3 seconds) and a couple of laps to go, suddenly Rossi starts flying and in a lap is on Edwards ass.  I think he was showing the crowd what he was capable of.  He had only had about 4 hours total on the course and was cited as saying he didn't believe the course was safe.

There may be some politics in it too; let the Americans win at their home track this time (Rossi really didn't need it), encourage spectatorship, advance the game, etc.  Rossi is not only the best I've ever seen, he's shrewd and astute.

A most impressive rider.

Bill :mg:

63922[/snapback]

:2c: HERE,HERE. :thumbsup: KEEP AN EYE ON VEMULEN ?NEXT SEASON

Does anyone watch these races live on streamlink from MotoGP?  I've been watching this way and you learn some things by observing the practice sessions.  The Ducati is obviously the fastest bike out there.  Checca in practice last week was hitting 333kph while the Hondas with Biaggi and Hayden at about 323.  Rossi has one of the slower bikes.  Hayden is very inconsistent in practice.  He'll run one lap right on pace with Rossi and then one way off.  Over and over.  Sete, Biaggi and Melandri are much more consistent.

But Hayden has got heart and he is learning very fast.  Valentino definitely tried to drop him about three times during the race and couldn't.  Hayden is learning what the race looks like at that sort of wild clip.  He's got huge potential.

But nobody is Rossi.  I believe he gave the race up at Laguna for the American fans.  I think he is classy like that.  He is the perfect sportsman to me - happy, flamboyant, competitive, clownish, and always there to shake hands and complement his rivals.  The tops in every way.  No wonder the whole world loves him.

64154[/snapback]