Memories of yoof

V11UK

:2c: AH ! MH 900 E . EVOLUZIONE :rasta:

Oi! we resemble that remark Jaap  :P. I guess most of us are in our forties and can (just about) remember the 1970's when we started riding bikes. Aye, them were the days..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  :)

Totally off topic, at the show yesterday was this rather nice Ducati:

Stafford16-10-05010a.jpg

63512[/snapback]

In the mid seventies to mid eighties at various times I had a selection of wideline and slimline featherbed Nortons, with a variety of odd engines. :rolleyes:

Oddest.....Wartburg 3cyl 2 stroke Water Cooled car engine with a 180 deg crank.

The one that I missed by a couple of days that I never forgot?

A race prepped H2R Kawasaki Triple 2 stroke...That would have been awesome in a wideline....or even a slimline, for that matter! :thumbsup:

Nige. B)

I used to buy cheap Hondas in my teens- had a couple of 400 fours (about £250 quid each), a VF400 and then I bought a CB900F with a gas flowed engine when I was 19. Then bought an FJ1200 then a GPZ1000RX before I was really old enough to shave! I used to commute to work on a long empty straight dual carriageway and I did 150mph or more every day (if it was dry) on the way to work on the FJ and GPZ- woke me up anyway. Would not dare do it now cos I am a big soft scaredy cat.

Glad I found Guzzis.

Guy :helmet:

Pete, I deleted your duplicate post- hope you don't mind.

I bet a lot of us started out on 2 strokes. I started out on a Yamaha 80cc dirt bike. I have wonderful memories of that little thing, but I never, ever want to own another 2 stroke bike. Wife, yes. Bike, no. :P:

Loads of LC's and powervalves, great. Was at a show not long ago with one of my Fz mates lookin at a really nice Elsie, when after a bit he says " I reconise that bike, thats mine!". and it bloody was. He owned the bike a few owners ago... Looked nothing like it did then.

Chance's a that eh... :)

Kev