Mistral Titanium

Blackkat

I ordered a Stucchi crossover and would like to install the MG titanium exhaust but with the re-location of the passenger footpegs and the likelyhood of bags not working I was considering the low Mistral Titanium exhaust. Anyone have these on their bike?

Thanks,

Tom LaNasa

Tom...I have the low Mistral AL. cans. basically the same as the Ti. but much less expensive, anyway I love them. Look great, their smaller in diameter than the MG Ti and many others I have seen so they have a racy look to them. Sound, well, I haven't heard anything better yet.

Their pretty loud when you open the throttle, but I like that. Awesome sound when backing off the throttle also.

Mike

I have the stucci crossover and Mistral carbon fiber round cans.

Because i still wanted to carry a passenger,I made a small bracket out of a piece of aluminium.

This lowered the pipes down just enuff to still have the passenger footpegs usable.

I have the Hepco Becker bags on, and there is no interference for the passenger.

I had to make footrests because the(now ex) GF fryed her boot on the metal part of the Mistral can.

I took some ss pipe clamps and drilled them to accept 1/4" diameter bolts.

Then made spacers out of some metal pipe.I used the existing footrest from the stock cans.

When I get it all powder coated,it will look great.

We went on a 2600 mile trip to the UP and back without nary a problem.

I was abit suprised as to how loud the pipes are.

I wear earplugs and it still rings my ears.

I ordered a set of 1-3/4" baffle inserts with fiberglass from a catalogue(probably Parts Unlimited)from my local family run catch-all mc shop.

Fit perfect and baffles only enough to wake half the dead.Just louder than stock and no performance differance.Plus you still lose all that pork in back for a better balanced machine.

Tom,

This is the set up I have on my 03 Rosso Corsa. The Ti cans are nice, but actually look alot like the aluminum, but don't corrode or oxidize like the aluminum. I'd say it's snob appeal, more than anything, although they resist dings better too. I don't think they are particularly loud....seems a lot of folks say that about the Carbon cans. I ride w/o earplugs for 100 mile jaunts. The Stucchi xover did cure the stumble at 4K. Be sure to get the PC and lidless airbox set up to complete the set up, it really honks at 5K up to redline!

Andy

Tom,

This is the set up I have on my 03 Rosso Corsa.  The Ti cans are nice, but actually look alot like the aluminum, but don't corrode or oxidize like the aluminum.  I'd say it's snob appeal, more than anything, although they resist dings better too.  I don't think they are particularly loud....seems a lot of folks say that about the Carbon cans.  I ride w/o earplugs for 100  mile jaunts.  The Stucchi xover did cure the stumble at 4K.  Be sure to get the PC and lidless airbox set up to complete the set up, it really honks at 5K up to redline!

Andy

63792[/snapback]

Forgot to add my Ti cans are the oval ones.