Bright lights

Guest Britcheflee

Guest Britcheflee

Well, my new headlight unit arrived - as I have to take the whole thing apart to put the new one in I was wondering if there is a brighter bulb I could put in at the same time - do they have one of those blue/white types that would fit? I rarely ride at night so the idea is just to get 'noticed' whilst I am on the road so the brighter the better.

Lee

:helmet:

Well, my new headlight unit arrived - as I have to take the whole thing apart to put the new one in I was wondering if there is a brighter bulb I could put in at the same time - do they have one of those blue/white types that would fit?  I rarely ride at night so the idea is just to get 'noticed' whilst I am on the road so the brighter the better.

Lee

63804[/snapback]

I used a 100/80w bulb on my Jackal- made a hell of a difference with no negative effect on the electrics at all.

It was the difference between being blind and able to see at night!

Will pop one in the V11 when my headlamp bulb eventually blows.

Some of the doom and gloom merchants may say it will drain your battery too much but I am sure there will be no problem.

Guy :helmet:

Reports say that the Philips 'Vision +' globes are very effective with the same power consumption as standard.

A friend of mine had the same comment as Guzzirider - "It was the difference between being blind and able to see at night!"

Next time I have a blown globe I think I'll give 'em a try.

Cheers

Lee, Check out this thread, http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...82&hl=Headlight

I have the PIAA bulb in my Ballabio and really like the way it works. Not super noticeable on dry days from the riders seat but other drivers see you better I think. When I first got the bike I thought it was cursed or something, never had so many people pull out in front of me or make left turns in front of me. I was just thinking a few weeks ago while riding that I haven't had anyone do that to me in recent memory. From the riders seat though the best effect comes from riding at night in the rain. The color of the light from the bulb does a much better job of cutting through the wet road surface than the older "yellower" light.

Randy

Guest Britcheflee

Randy,

I see the site but not sure which bulb to order - can you give me the part number please of the PIAA bulb you ordered - or are they all the same?

Lee

Guest trispeed

I think everybody should try them and see for themselves. I've tried them in several cars and bikes. The PIAA models, Sylvania super white ones, etc.All of them have given me the same results. A whiter light, to be sure, just a lot less of it than stock. I don't care what the numbers on the packaging say; Significantly less visibilty in all conditions for me.

Some people have increased their light output by adding a pair of relays and heavier wiring to better conduct power to the bulb.

There is a thread with a how to wiring diagram somewhere.

This also takes a load off some already over taxed relays.

I had an 80/100 melt the connector on a Honda after several years. It never shorted or opened but sure looked bad. Another 80/100 damaged the plastic lens of a Ford headlamp assembly.

I like the Sylvania Silver Star. 77 watt high-beam, distinctive color and full beam. I do think the system benefited from running fused hots to separate relays in the shell abd separate grounds to frame.

Check out this thread on relay failures. :luigi::luigi::luigi: