Bike Swap / Test Ride...

Calamarichris

...Can you send one of your best recruiters?

Despite being a sensible type, the LeMans has been a bee in my bonnet (or perhaps a boner in my briefs) since double-aught ('00.) But something has always scared me off.

Anyone in Southern California who would like to meet and swap bikes for a few miles? I'll buy your gas, your breakfast and you can take the pick of my litter:

My '02 ZX9R, '02 EX500, or '00 W650. I'm not one of these mechanically antipathic types who likes to redline an engine, I'd just like to see how she feels before taking the plunge.

Also, is there a decent factory manual available for this bike yet?

Is the gas-tank (or tank cover) made of metal or plastic? (my dog prefers metal tanks, because her magnetic seat sticks better.)

050313angelcurve1opt.jpg

My wife split earlier this year, I tried pot for the first time in my life (did nothing for me), I kayaked to Catalina, and rode my 56.6mpg EX500 up to British Columbia this summer. It's been a decidedly profound year in many other ways. So maybe this'll be the year.

I'm in Carlsbad, down by San Diego and I ain't talking about no Denny's breakfast.

Mille grazzi!

-calamarichris@yahoo.com

http://www.calamarichris.com/

040817-chriscahitc2.jpg

Is the gas-tank (or tank cover) made of metal or plastic?  (my dog prefers metal tanks, because her magnetic seat sticks better.)

63847[/snapback]

Sorry- plastic.

If I lived closer, I'd take you up on your offer.

Dude- that is one BRIGHT YELLOW SUIT!!!!! I can't believe you escaped like that...

I bought a LeMans at the end of this summer, ending, maybe forever, my habit for newer BMW's, and I haven't looked back...I hadn't even ridden one when I first became obsessed with owning one--it was on looks alone--but I've been more than happy owning one. You won't be disappointed. I wish I could help but I live in diagonally opposite corner of the US. :mg:

Chris, the best "recruiters" I know of will be found here this weekend, along with (among other moto's of interest), a superb collection of V11 LeMans:

http://www.phpbbforfree.com/forums/socalguzzi-about391.html

See y'all there! :mg:

63861[/snapback]

What unbelievable good fortune that it happens to be THIS WEEKEND!! Gracias senor y dios bendega sus manos!

I will certainly be there (hopefully they allow sissy dogs in the campground.) I'll ride my W650 to avoid offending the apparent tender sensibilities of the Ton-Up boys. Angel, Chitty and I are regulars on Lilac, West Lilac and :race: Couser Canyon :race:

Since you probably don't really look like Marty Feldman (who has always looked like BMW's R1100S to me), please introduce yourself if you see us!

motodog2.jpg

050902-angel36mph.jpg

-Calamari Chris in Carlsbad

does your pup like calamari too? good shots. I have never thought of how I'd stick my bearded collie onto my 03 le mans when I had her (the bike that is...). but he'd like it if I could by the look on his face each time I'd leave for a couple of days. Following divorce or before... buy a goose. My wife flew over two years ago- I put on tens of thousands of miles in those two years :D The 03 lemans or newer has a lot of the gremlins worked out. Maybe the 03 still has some minor electrical idiosyncracies but what a blast to ride. The tank is plastic. You are a guzzi man, no doubt!

great photos.. I can see the reflection of you taking the shot in the headlight chrome..

When I had my W650 (pre Guzzi) I used to love crossing the bay bridge in the early summer mornings catching the reflection of the bridge towers off the headlight bucket. distracting. but a neat visual.

:race:

(hopefully they allow sissy dogs in the campground.)  I

63884[/snapback]

The campground's policy is:

"Pets must be kept on a leash at all times. No Doberman, Pit Bulls or Rotweillers."

Chitty looks meaner than a cross of all three breeds. :o

See yah there!

Guest Britcheflee

Pretty amazing! Is there anything stopping the dog just flying out of there if you hit a pothole or something? The only thing that made me cringe is you not wearing any gloves!!!

Come up North to me in Placerville (Sans hund _My Staffie does not like other dogs) and Ill let you ride my Ballabio - the more I ride it the more I love it! Better yet just get one - we all agree it is a great bike!

Lee

I have the best restraint system possible: a disciplined dog who loves riding.

She's ridden more than 45,000 miles with me, without incident (rarely on the freeway though.) I wear no gloves when she's with me for 3 reasons

1) I can grab her more certainly if anything were to go wrong.

2) As a reminder to take it easy while she's aboard

3) If anything does happen to her, I'd prefer to go through life without my thumbs.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: and my dog is happy after 6 years and 45K. The EX500 is her bike really. Perfect table-top gas tank, tall fairing with good visibility for her...

050313angelcouser2.jpg

And sometimes we puppysit other dogs. Buddy hasn't ridden as much, and therefore isn't as jaded as Angel. He is REALLY REALLY passionate about riding! His mom says he gets really excited whenever a motorcycle goes by her house:

050226budanglola.jpg

Though he's grown since this photo, and I now carry him in one of those chest-harnesses you see yuppy parents carrying their infants in.