Guzzi Day in NorCal?

guzzista

Just got back from Ducati Day in La Honda( renamed laDucati for the day).Great event, huge attendance,lots of cool bikes... even a few Guzzis...Would be nice to have a Guzzi Day..not just a MGNOC thing or a local chapter ride kinda thing, but a bonafide MGNA backed Guzzi Day...bet lots of Guzzisti would come out of the woodwork...anyone with ideas and or suggestions? Cheers.

Guest jedione68
Just got back from Ducati Day in La Honda( renamed laDucati for the day).Great event, huge attendance,lots of cool bikes... even a few Guzzis...Would be nice to have a Guzzi Day..not just a MGNOC thing or a local chapter ride kinda thing, but a bonafide MGNA backed  Guzzi Day...bet lots of Guzzisti would come out of the woodwork...anyone with ideas and or suggestions?  Cheers.

64278[/snapback]

I'd be down with that! There's nothing funner than a

whole clan of Guzzist, and to have some factory/dealer

support would be a world of info and kind of let them know

we Guzzist are still here 100%. The Ducati days are a blast.

We could learn from that and apply it some how.

Hit Todd with the idea, he would know how to get ahold

of the right people and in general, just good at this

sort of thing.

Keep me posted, I'll do what I can to help out.

Rubber side down,

JEDIONE68

Thank God someone is showing some interest in this post! I will contact Todd ( unless he has already seen this post ,in which case , please holler!) I am sure that a lot of Guzzisti would love having a Guzzi Day where demo rides, tech sessions/activities ,raffles, the appearances of some Guzzi celebs ( how about it , Dr John or Guzziology's Mr Richardson?) any way this is the kind of thing to promote Guzzi Spirit... I will also do whatever I can to help organize... I am looking forward to make some suggestions to MGNA at the Cycle World Motorcycle Show in San Jose in December...Cheers,Augie

Guest jedione68
Thank God someone is showing some interest in this post! I will contact Todd ( unless he has already seen this post ,in which case , please holler!) I am sure that a lot of Guzzisti would love having a  Guzzi Day where demo rides, tech sessions/activities ,raffles, the appearances of some Guzzi celebs ( how about it , Dr John or  Guzziology's Mr Richardson?) any way this is the kind of thing to  promote Guzzi Spirit...  I will also do whatever I can to help organize... I am looking forward to make some suggestions to MGNA at the Cycle World Motorcycle Show in San Jose in December...Cheers,Augie

65535[/snapback]

Guzzista,

Absolutely!!! I dont know if Todd has read this yet either, but I will

personnaly bring it up to him. Also, one of my best buddies that I

grew up with happens to own a Nor Cal. Guzzi shop, Moto Itailianio.

I'm sure he can help us out in some way. Will go after Mark aswell of course.

Keep me posted. Looking forward to making this happen.

Peace,

David

It's always been my impression that MGNA doesn't support much in the way of Guzzi activities outside of the National, but hey maybe the new regime will be more responsive. I'm up for it anyway.

Besides an organized event, there are occasional guzzi rides here in the bay area that usually involve either breakfast or lunch and some deserted backroads. Haven't had one in a while and I think it's about time.

Maybe this Sunday. Anyone game? Route suggestions?

Just got back from Ducati Day in La Honda( renamed laDucati for the day).Great event, huge attendance,lots of cool bikes... even a few Guzzis...Would be nice to have a Guzzi Day..not just a MGNOC thing or a local chapter ride kinda thing, but a bonafide MGNA backed  Guzzi Day...bet lots of Guzzisti would come out of the woodwork...anyone with ideas and or suggestions?  Cheers.

64278[/snapback]

I really wanted to go to Ducati Day but I was just not mobile enough yet.

We need to contact John C at: http://www.ducatiowners.com/mh900e/intro.html, I believe he is the one that puts the Ducati Day together. He also puts on Ducati Night in San Jose and in Lafayette that is once a month. I have ridden with John C and he knows much about Guzzi's, real nice guy, he also had posted some events on this site, but there always seems to be a very small turnout of the Guzzi's in Northern California :huh2: .

Any other idea's how to get Guzzist in NorCal together. If it wasn't for Carl (now moved out of California) and Mark West for leading rides :race: , there would be little involvement in this area. :huh2:

Mike

...it's true, we had a few die-hards in NorCal, but the attendance was always pretty light and spotty, even when we had a monthly Guzzi dinner at Alices a couple years ago.

And of those "core" people, I think Mark and Mike(laid-up) are all that is left. Carl and I both fled the high cost of living in CA and now reside quite a haul away :P

Joe Camarda isn't exactly local, and has had spotty bike problems, and John K, etc... well, it's just hard to get everyone together.

But yes, John C has always welcomed Guzzi participation in the various Ducati events, especially the Ducati night. I assume one is still held in San Jose, but don't know for sure when/where. They used to be at Santana Row.

al

:luigi: If anyone would like to check out the REAL Northern California, I would be happy to show you some of the great roads up here in Lake and Mendocino counties. A more southern alternative would be to meet up in Healdsburg and ride the well known Scaggs Springs road to the coast, theres a pretty good BBQ in Gualala, a better one in Lakeport. Any takers? :rasta:

Any other idea's how to get Guzzist in NorCal together. 

65974[/snapback]

It seems like there are plenty of Guzzisti in the bay area. I have about a dozen on an email list, but it does seem hard to get folks together.

I never went to the Alice's night because it's about 90 miles from where I live and just too much hassle for a work night. Likewise for the Breakfast in Winters. 3 hours of slab each way is not that appealing to me.

My only suggestion is when you plan on going for a ride that you think others would enjoy, post about when you plan to go and where you are leaving from and see if someone shows up.

:luigi: If anyone would like to check out the REAL Northern California, I would be happy to show you some of the great roads up here in Lake and Mendocino counties. A more southern alternative would be to meet up in Healdsburg and ride the well known Scaggs Springs road to the coast, theres a pretty good BBQ in Gualala, a better one in Lakeport. Any takers?  :rasta:

66688[/snapback]

Sorry Pep Bros...I'll see your Meno County and raise you to Humboldt County for REAL NoCA roads :race:

Still it would probably be more logistically practical to have a get together in the Bay Area.

My Le Mans is temporarily out of commission (a crash...sigh) but I'm TOTALLY up for attending a NorCal event! Hopefully I'll be back on the road before too long (waiting on parts...whine) and Sport-Touring is my thingie and I have lots of time off during the winter months. I'll keep an eye on this thread and try my very best to attend whatever. :mg:

Guest Britcheflee

Please let me know if something is organized - Also you may wish to check out the Pashinet (sp) website which shows some fantastic rides up in my neck of the woods - Lee

Sorry Pep Bros...I'll see your Meno County and raise you to Humboldt County for REAL NoCA roads  :race:

Still it would probably be more logistically practical to have a get together in the Bay Area.

My Le Mans is temporarily out of commission (a crash...sigh) but I'm TOTALLY up for attending a NorCal event!  Hopefully I'll be back on the road before too long (waiting on parts...whine) and Sport-Touring is my thingie and I have lots of time off during the winter months.  I'll keep an eye on this thread and try my very best to attend whatever.  :mg:

66847[/snapback]

:grin: I'm not ready to fold on that one yet, but you do have some great ones! I'll be up in your neck of the woods this weekend helping a friend recycle a garage full of beer bottles and stocking up on cheese in Lolita :bier: Killer Pizza in Ferndale!!

:cheese::cheese:

I'd be interested too. 

I'll even bring my duc :D

67194[/snapback]

Beautiful bike! I was looking at the same before I found my LeMans. Anyhow- I'm about 4 hours from the Bay Area- Up for any ride that comes up, just let me know