2006 Moto Guzzi U.S. Model Line Overview

helicopterjim R.I.P.

quoted form article:

"The Griso was developed and tuned for the challenges of classic Italian terrain—serpentine mountain roads, sweeping lakeside roads and high-speed stretches of highway populated by the likes of Lamborghini and Ferrari. The Griso is master of its terrain, delivering an exhilarating and precise ride at every turn, no matter how technical, and on every straight, no matter how fast." :lol::lol::lol:

What mouth breather are they trying to fool by mentioning the Grease Pig in the same sentence as Lambo and Ferrari???? I almost spat up lunch when I read that!

:vomit:

Rj

my hunch is...and it's only a hunch...that if or when Moto Guzzi gets back on more stable financial ground, they will make a sporting or sport touring based bike.

It's in their blood.

course...I could be wrong :D

Moto Guzzi is about to experience a reduction in sales in my part of the world. The Breva [of any size] is proving not to be a seller. And only one "cruiser" bike, a full load one with all the accessories. No entry level ones. The Spine frame sold quite well here. They have just one left, period.

My closest dealer is not impressed these days with MGNA either. Lack of communication it seems.

Ciao, Steve G.

not surprised at all that they dont announce a new sportsbike. They have struggled for ...three? four?... years to get the Breva and Griso into production from the design proposals. The Griso isnt in the shops yet (even though I saw one in the weekend going through Tuscany, half drunk on brilliant wine)

At Mandello, the staff number are 20% of what they were seven to ten years ago and the people of Mandello in general have lost belief that that MG will survive.

now they need to hype and hardsell the Griso and Breva for a couple of years, make money and integrate and develop their organisation closer with the Aprilia-group.

y'all know that Guzzi dont even have online-tracking of stocks and orders?! the parts department is run by two sicilian nuns (...or something) who carefully adresses every fax/mail with beautifully handwritten letters... they have a looong way to go before they can handle one or two more modern hitech models in the lineup. its no, big smooth international operation like Ducati.

that they even managed to develop these two bikes is close to a miracle (look what happened to Laverda fabulous 1000SFC from five years back; a slow death).

so, what I think we should do as fans is to talk up the Breva and Griso. Even if we dont want one ourselves (I just miiiight want a Griso, in red) we should persuade others to venture into the Guzzism, rather than diss the bikes just because they dont look like V11s. Loads of sold Brevas (instead of BMW R1150Rs) make it more likely that we get a new V11.....and no earlier than 2007, is my guess....

so, what I think we should do as fans is to talk up the Breva and Griso. Even if we dont want one ourselves (I just miiiight want a Griso, in red) we should persuade others to venture into the Guzzism, rather than diss the bikes just because they dont look like V11s. Loads of sold Brevas (instead of BMW R1150Rs) make it more likely that we get a new V11.....and no earlier than 2007, is my guess....

64487[/snapback]

Well said!!!