V11 Cylinder head guards

Guest ckamin

Hey, here is a question for everyone: For x-mas the spousal unit will probably get me those bitchin' valve covers from Sport Cyle Pacific (the black ones with "GUZZI" in raised, polished letters). I like the style of the stock head gaurds but would like to polish them. Does anyone know what they are made of (aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron)? I wanna ask the polish guy what he can do with them, but I am curious what they are made of.

Thanks!

Carl

The head garusd are aluminiun depending on which ones you have they will be cast or billet. For the modest price of a new set of billet ones might be esier and sumpler. A not with polished aluminium thats note coated its an absolute firetrucker to keep clean especailly if you ride rain hail shine.

I have a super motard with polished aluminium rims this is primarly a track bike so only comes out every now and then. They are a complete pain in the rear never ever again will I have raw polished aluminiun on one of my bike. Think long and hard about it before going ahead. I prefere to ride than fiddle with stupid stuff why I will never own a V-rod.

I like the style of the stock head gaurds but would like to polish them. Does anyone know what they are made of (aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron)?

64779[/snapback]

The gaurds are Aluminum and I had mine polished last year, they still look great IMO, and the upkeep is no more than the original. I just keep them wiped clean of bugs, water, oil, etc..

DSCF1796.JPG

The stock guards are not big enough to protect the valve covers or heads in case of a tipover. I would suggest that after investing in those nice valve covers (I'm jealous), you get a set of proper guards or use a crash bar like I have.