v11 oil leaks @ spine lines and plugs

Guest SFGUZZI

Guest SFGUZZI

Hey All.

just a titbit of info,my v11 had the cronic oil leak from the breather union and plug bolt,i installed Land Rover part number STC1950 washers with rubber seals inside and stopped the leaks instantly,not sure if anyone knows about this but the fit and the sealing quality are superb

Just my :2c:

I've not seen that suggestion before- thank you for it.  If you send it to Greg Field (that's also his user name here), he might include it in the tips section of the MGNOC.

66042[/snapback]

I've got a few suggestions for you, that you haven't seen before.

Hey All.

just a titbit of info,my v11 had the cronic oil leak from the breather union and plug bolt,i installed Land Rover part number STC1950 washers with rubber seals inside and stopped the leaks instantly,not sure if anyone knows about this but the fit and the sealing quality are superb

Just my  :2c:

66024[/snapback]

Where is the "breather union and plug bolt your referring to?

Mike

Where is the "breather union and plug bolt your referring to?

Mike

66245[/snapback]

Glad you asked, I was wondering too. Is chronic leaking from one of the banjo unions a general problem? Which one?

Guest SFGUZZI
Glad you asked, I was wondering too. Is chronic leaking from one of the banjo unions a general problem? Which one?

66248[/snapback]

Belfast...

its the Banjo fitting located on the right side of the spine,actually the breather drain line to the sump,the left side of the spine has a blanking plug,also a leak issue

SF

Guest SFGUZZI
Belfast...

its the Banjo fitting located on the right side of the spine,actually the breather drain line to the sump,the left side of the spine has a blanking plug,also a leak issue

SF

66266[/snapback]

Sorry all got it backwards drain line on left ,blanking plug on right..!!!!!!

SF

Thanks. With my bike doing a lot of short journeys, I get a lot of water sitting in there. I took the banjo off and looked in through the socket on the left. I didn't look at the right side and didn't realise that there is a plug there. Maybe it would be good for draining the water out?

What are the Land Rover parts for, originally?

Guest SFGUZZI
Thanks. With my bike doing a lot of short journeys, I get a lot of water sitting in there. I took the banjo off and looked in through the socket on the left. I didn't look at the right side and didn't realise that there is a plug there. Maybe it would be good for draining the water out?

What are the Land Rover parts for, originally?

66271[/snapback]

They fit late model 4.6l Range Rover power streering hose banjo(pressure side)

SF