**RUMOR**

Guest mathieuguzzi

Guest mathieuguzzi

I don't know how reliable this rumour is, but it is the second time that I hear that Guzzi will introduce a road legal MGs001 in limited edition at the Milan show next week.

I have talked to Goffredo about this during the Paris show and he believed that it was not going to happen.

Anyway, there is one element that makes me think that it might be real this time, and it is the fact at this road legal MGs001 was announced together with the new gt 1200 (probably based on the Breava chassis) which is most certainly going to production...

Oh well, it's just rumor after all...

Mathieu

The life and the hope of the Guzzisti has based on "rumor"... :mg:

66219[/snapback]

.........And the fact that Guzzi will once have to wake up and get real and strat selling bikes that many many people like, and definatelly would buy.

And another fact is 4 out of 10 motorcyclists I have asked around ,riding Jap sport bikes answered that they would rather have an MGS1 that a Jap. crate if such a good looking and capable bike could be offered in a competitive price, one out of 100 said it is missing 20PS and about 60% of the rest were positive on having one with round 100WHP than the jap sport crate they had.

Anyway, there is one element that makes me think that it might be real this time, and it is the fact at this road legal MGs001 was announced together with the new gt 1200 (probably based on the Breava chassis) which is most certainly going to production...

Oh well, it's just rumor after all...

Mathieu

66217[/snapback]

With Piaggio many things are possible,If , and then again IF, they opt that Guzzi should have a sport bike in their line , then they would produce something about it. Dunno if it would be an MGS1 or something similar based to that.

So let's bring some facts on the table and see where they lead

At the start(before Piaggio took over) the problem was that they couldn't get the Euro 3 specs on the bike's motor , I guess there wasn't enough time and money for development towards that , so that's why the street leagal version was left over (one of the reasons) and it was produced on limmited racing version, may even not be only reason that but there was also not a possibility at the momment to produce any more of these 4valve motors (as heared ), and or for other various reasons as well (I won't get into that)

ABout so has to be the situation now( I assume).

Well considering that the Breva is selling well and perhaps the Griso could also go as well or even better on the market, then a senario having Piaggio to opt for a Sport Guzzi bike seems to be in some possibility.

My :2c: is that Guzzi always(as we all know) had a sport motorcycle in it's line (more or less competitive with the lot), so why not now?.....Hmmm but for the reason that nowdays the market is hard and people demand performance, someone can say,

....Well but looking a bit ahead I can tell you that there is a vast sport public on the scene- that have got tired about the PS competition with HP that cannot be used 100% on normal street conditions (Except if your name is McGuiness ...or one of these TT fellas) -and really want to have a capable chasis bike, with individual eye candy design and some usable power.

I believe Guzzi can give this at a degree of success with a street leagal sport bike (whatever it may this be).

Hope you get what I mean. :drink: