technical

Guest callithrix

Guest callithrix

Researching exhaust systems and discovered that Kerker makes various universal mufflers ( Titatinium, carbon fiber and aluminum : Round and elliptical). They also sell adapters for 1.75", 2.0" and 2.5" O.D. pipes. Price is $300 pr. but MAW (Motorcycle Accessory Wharehouse has them for $260). Adapters are about $50 , MAW doesn't have carry those. They look like good qaulity products and are affordable. If you look them up you'll find them on the Supertrapp website, you'll have to hunt around for the universal series and they are called the performance series. Any experience with these?

There is company called Magnecor that makes quality sparkplug wires. I have a set on my sporster and want them for my 02 Lemans. They only have applications for the Daytona RS, v10centuaro or for the Bassas', EV special, Jackal or California. Does anyone know if I can can x-reference a set for my Lemans?

Salomon martinez S.F. Ca.

2001 xlh883/1200 cafe racer

2002 v11 lemans

I'm not certain about the x-reference, but...

You also can buy Magnecor(or similar) wire, caps, etc... and make them yourself as an alternative.

But as an aside, I'm sure Magnecor wires are good, but any "good" wires of the right spec will do. I wouldn't put too much into the hype that a set of wires is any better than another and will somehow make any real performance difference... obviously conversely realizing that cheap or "bad" wires of course are indeed a "bad" thing ;)

Talk to Carl, I think it was he that ordered genuiiiiiine Guzzi wires, and it ended up costing him a bank, then realized later he could have put some together himself for next to nothing :)

www.evoluzione.net also sells some "high performance" wires for the V11 Sport/LeMans, although they are unfortunately yellow instead of red.

al